Can the Sabres handle March Schedule?

Hawk

December had a similar schedule and the Sabres did very well. They do have 3 more games in March than Dec. They had 14 games W: 11, L: 3. There were 8 road games, of which they lost only 2. Now you can use the agrument that most of those teams have worse records than the Sabres. We are currently tied for 4th plce in total points in the league, so the majority of teams ARE worse than us. Summing up: I feel the Sabres will win 2/3 of the games they have in March. And be ready for the Run.

Dec 05 record:

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...option=20051201

December had a similar schedule and the Sabres did very well. They do have 3 more games in March than Dec. They had 14 games W: 11, L: 3. There were 8 road games, of which they lost only 2. Now you can use the agrument that most of those teams have worse records than the Sabres. We are currently tied for 4th plce in total points in the league, so the majority of teams ARE worse than us. Summing up: I feel the Sabres will win 2/3 of the games they have in March. And be ready for the Run.

Dec 05 record:

http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/hockey...option=20051201

I am expecting them to win at least 60% if not 2/3's as well.

That's great news that the roster can have extra players down the stretch. I mentioned this a while back and someone said the Sabres wouldn't be able to do this without losing someone to waivers.

Lindy should take full advantage of this by resting different players during this rigorous regular season stretch-run.

The Sabres are in a great position to make big noise in the play-offs, since they rely on all four-lines and can insert black-aces without missing a beat. Some of the teams like the Rangers are lost without 2 or 3 key guys. Don't dream anymore Sabres fans. This team could make a serious run and no one should be surprised by that.

That's great news that the roster can have extra players down the stretch. I mentioned this a while back and someone said the Sabres wouldn't be able to do this without losing someone to waivers.

Lindy should take full advantage of this by resting different players during this rigorous regular season stretch-run.

The Sabres are in a great position to make big noise in the play-offs, since they rely on all four-lines and can insert black-aces without missing a beat. Some of the teams like the Rangers are lost without 2 or 3 key guys. Don't dream anymore Sabres fans. This team could make a serious run and no one should be surprised by that.

serious run is right! as it stands we play the flyers in the first round... big and slow... should be quite easy to run circles around that team... if we can beat em in 5 well be rested up for whoever is next... but if we can finish 2nd or even maybe first... could mean and even better start to the playoffs

Archived