Anyone Missing Brian Campbell and His Contract?

dscrapj

No. I liked him when he was here, but my goodness is that guy highly overrated. I thought that when he was with Buffalo, too. I'm more upset the Sabres lost Drury, Briere, Dumont, Grier, and McKee. I am not upset the Sabres traded Campbell and used that trade to draft Tyler Ennis and through some swapping of picks acquire Craig Rivet. To be honest, the Sabres weren't any worse off without him this past year than they were during his time with Buffalo during the 2007-2008 season. Based on the performance the last two years, it's obvious that this team misses Drury and Briere more than it misses Campbell because they basically had the same position in the standings with Campbell in the lineup during 2007-2008 as they did without him this past year.

Given his position as a defenseman and his complete inability to play in the defensive zone, no, I don't miss him or his contract. Those that think he's a big hitter, that's a complete fallacy and the only two hits he's ever had in his career have been in the offensive zone, not in the defensive zone trying to prevent a scoring opportunity. I'm glad he got exposed on National TV this year by McGuire, Olczyk, Pang, and Milbury for being so bad in the defensive zone. He even lost the faith of his coach and his minutes were dropped significantly by Quenneville during the playoffs. As a person, I wish him nothing but the best, but I do not miss him, his contract, or his style of play.

well said.

I will state that I miss Campbell's offensive skill and mobility in getting the puck out of the defensive zone.

But I miss Brian Campbell the player, and despise Brian Campbell's contract.

Boy, I would sure love to still have Briere, DuMont, McKee, Drury, Grier...

Why do good things have to end?

It's not like the McKee who left ever turned up anywhere else.

I would say the diminishing of Teppo Numminen's skills affected the team as much if not more.

Yes, that really hurt. Teppo made a huge difference back there simply going back getting the puck quickly and getting it out of the zone.

Archived