FWIW a few tidbits from the Amerks/Sabres

Claude Balls

This comes from someone I know who is a hardcore Amerks/Sabres fan and is usually dead on with his info. This was from a few weeks ago when Jacques Martin was in Rochester discussing things over with Styres regarding next season. Styres told him that if Florida does not help put a better product on the ice in Rochester, then #%^$#! is going to hit the fan. He basically told the Panthers that he has enough money to buy them (selling cigarettes to the German Army can be fairly lucrative). I just don't know why Florida would give a crap how much money he has.

Another nice piece information is that Styres and Golisano have already been talking about renewing the deal between the Sabres and Amerks in two years when both the Florida and Portland contracts are set to expire. I believe this to a point, but can't understand how this would be leaked while Florida and Portland are still in the mix. Seems like it would only cause more problems.

Take it FWIW. I know it's already a slow off-season.

Honestly, not sure why Buffalo would leave Portland. And i truly don't care about the travel. In todays world, the travel isn't that big of a deal IMO. Sabres prospects are being treated very well in Portland and they were not here. Companies who supported the Amerks in the past have pulled out because of how sketchy the Amerks have been. And according to Bucky Gleason from his latest live chat over at the Buffalo News, he says no way they will agree on a deal anytime soon because Sabres really hate Steve Donner. Donner sold the Amerks but he's still a minority partner.

Besides, if the story you posted is true, i don't see why the Sabres would want to be associated with a guy who is making threats to a NHL team and is trying to intimidate their general manager?

Besides, if the story you posted is true, i don't see why the Sabres would want to be associated with a guy who is making threats to a NHL team and is trying to intimidate their general manager?

Because Golisano has enough money to buy Styres?

Honestly, not sure why Buffalo would leave Portland. And i truly don't care about the travel. In todays world, the travel isn't that big of a deal IMO. Sabres prospects are being treated very well in Portland and they were not here. Companies who supported the Amerks in the past have pulled out because of how sketchy the Amerks have been. And according to Bucky Gleason from his latest live chat over at the Buffalo News, he says no way they will agree on a deal anytime soon because Sabres really hate Steve Donner. Donner sold the Amerks but he's still a minority partner.

Like I said it all sounds like BS, but because of who it came from I tend to believe it.

The thing I can see happening in two years is Styres buying out Donner and then pairing back up with Buffalo. That guy would be a hero if he could somehow rid himself of Donner.

Well, for whatever it's worth, Jody Gage appears to be losing his phony baloney job. Linky

The Amerks haven't provided players for their team for ~8 years. WTF do they need a GM?

Styres took away Gage's real GM gig last year when he made Thorpe the GM of the Kin-ig-hit hawks.

If this is a sign that Donner is losing his pull w/in the Amerks, that would be a great thing.

Archived