Pens call up Miro

Spudz

Satan in, Sykora out for Game 5

Up 3-1 things going their way, I really don't see how this is a good decision. I know Sykora has been bad, but it didn't work out for the Pens all year until they sent Satan back to the minors, and now at the critical point of the season are bringing a ? back on the ice.

I'll do it. Satan usually isn't called UP.

Satan in, Sykora out for Game 5

Up 3-1 things going their way, I really don't see how this is a good decision. I know Sykora has been bad, but it didn't work out for the Pens all year until they sent Satan back to the minors, and now at the critical point of the season are bringing a ? back on the ice.

How could it NOT be a good decision? Miro's been MONEY at clutch time his entire career. It's not his fault he didn't score when Marty had no friggin' clue where the puck was. Marty is superman, you'd have to have been Gretzky, Orr, or possibly Lemieux to push that biscuit into the net. A mere mortal like Satan couldn't possibly have been expected to score there.

No, I am not blaming tonight's loss on Ziro, but I honestly don't know why a team like the Pens would want him. (For cryin' out loud, the ISLANDERS didn't want him any more. Now if this was Milbury's Islanders, you know, the team that didn't want Luongo, Chara, Palffy, Bertuzzi, Connolly, etc. but DID want Yashin (and Ziro); I could see wanting him. But Milbury ain't running things anymore.)

Archived