Should The Sabres Make a UFA Splash This Summer?

VansTheMans

Should The Sabres Sign a Big UFA?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Sign a Big UFA?

• Yes - Offense
    • Yes - Defense
    • No - Sabres Should Pursue Trades To Better The Team
    • No - Leave Roster Intact One More Season

It's fantasy hockey. To expect the Sabres to make one significant move may be unrealistic. Making multiple moves to improve the club is dreaming. I guess as fans that is all we have left.

Until the Sabres prove they are willing to join the NHL and take a serious look at themselves and drastically change how they go about their business I wouldn't and don't expect anything this off-season. I don't foresee any players coming to the Sabres from outside the organization unless they are low cost low risk rentals.

I disagree. It IS realistic for fans to expect changes and significant moves based on what we have seen the past two seasons. It is unrealistic for the FO to expect to get anywhere, to improve the team, or excite the fans by doing the opposite of what they are expected to do.

Let's put the onus of expectations on the right people, shall we? It's reasonable and rational for fans to expect changes. It's unreasonable and folly for the Sabres management NOT to make (significant) changes.

He'll be getting MUCH more than that.. say 9 or so..

9? It'd be interesting if he did, but I highly doubt he'd fetch 9 in the UFA. At max, I'd see a desperate team handing out 7. Lets not forget, the cap is expected to decrease over the next couple of seasons.

9? It'd be interesting if he did, but I highly doubt he'd fetch 9 in the UFA. At max, I'd see a desperate team handing out 7. Lets not forget, the cap is expected to decrease over the next couple of seasons.

No I don't think Bouw gets 9 mil a year nor do I think the Sabres go after him even at 6 or 7.

Expect a lot of the same mediocrity you see during the season, in the off-season.

Archived