My Only Wish This Off Season

CallawaySabres

Whether this organization finds the talent or not, I really hope that come October, there is somewhat of an identity to this team. This city wants to LOVE this team and it is so hard to do right now. At least get players to get some sort of an identity (a positive one would be nice). GET SOME HEART AND GRIT and this team WILL thrive!!

GET SOME HEART AND GRIT and this team WILL thrive!!

Who's to say this team doesn't have any? Every time things don't go well you hear Ruff putting the blame on the players, i'm no genius (well...) but who wants to give it their all playing for a guy that just puts all the blame on everyone around him if things don't go well?

I don't get that impression from Ruff. In his interviews, he'll be the first to accept responsibility for failure, and to admit that as a head coach, it's his job to find a way to win with what he's given.

He may challenge his players to step their game up, or to finish on more of their opportunities, but he has never "blamed everyone around him" if things aren't going well. He has too much class and pride. I don't think anyone denies him of that.

As for the original thread purpose of the thread, I agree whole heartily. This city is still ready to love its' Sabres, and hopefully next year they'll give us good reason to do so.

Archived