[OT] DeLamielleure to bike 2000 miles for orphanage

Doohickie

DeLamielleure to bike 2000 miles for orphanage

Former Bills guard Joe DeLamielleure was known for opening holes for running backs during his Hall of Fame career. Now in his latest charitable effort DeLamielleure will take on perhaps his greatest physical challenge as he tries to raise money to open up an orphanage in Matamoros, Mexico.

DeLamielleure and his two former college teammates at Michigan State, John Shinsky and Eljay Bowron will embark on a bicycle trek from East Lansing, Michigan to the site of the orphanage in Mexico to raise the money needed to complete construction and provide the necessary resources to support the abandoned, abused and neglected children of that region.

?I?m really passionate about helping the underdog, trying to help people that can?t help themselves,? DeLamielleure said. ?And these kids can?t help themselves. It?s impossible. So if we can make life better for them and get them educated and feed them and make them feel like better human beings, then I?m all for it.?

The Texas connection? The longest one day stretch is scheduled for Day 16 of the 18-day trip as they?re to travel 134 miles from Bay City, Texas to Corpus Christi, Texas.

I'm surprised that he isn't doing the ride to promote awareness for former NFL players. If you have ever heard his spiel on WGR, it is nothing more than the former players are getting screwed in terms of healthcare blah blah blah, and the WGR talking heads are too dumb to keep him on topic. Instead it is like open mic night and talk about whatever you want no matter how many times we have already heard your story.

<_<

Archived