Pirates hand the Devils a beating in more ways than one

wildcat48

Pirates hand the Devils a beating in more ways than one

March 1, 2009

Portland, ME ? One night after the Portland Pirates failed to hold onto a three-goal lead into the third period, the Pirates rebounded from their mistakes building a cushion in the Atlantic Division playoff race en route to a 6-1 win over the Lowell Devils in front of 5,460 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Sunday afternoon.

Read the rest of this entry ?

Gerbe is a fiesty little **** isn't he? He plays with an edge and it pisses off the guys who are much bigger than him.

Which leads to injuries. I'm sure a lot around here will remember when I mentioned throughout last season that his maturity and intelligence was going to be an issue in his development. It looks like that hasn't changed.

Which leads to injuries. I'm sure a lot around here will remember when I mentioned throughout last season that his maturity and intelligence was going to be an issue in his development. It looks like that hasn't changed.

So you'd rather have him not finish his checks and play hard?

So you'd rather have him not finish his checks and play hard?

When you're 3 feet tall, you may want to try to limit the plays that are going to get you crippled. Call me crazy if you want to, but we are talking about the same kid who broke his hand in a summer league because he thought it was a good idea to drop his glove and then punch a kid in the cage.

Archived