Ryan Whitney

dante23x

With all of the forwards we have in Buffalo and the guys in Portland, I'm disappointed we didn't make a run at Whitney. He's huge, scored 10 or more goals the last two seasons, and we will be losing Spacek and Teppo after this season. Is Chris Kunitz that much better than some of the guys we have? I find it hard to believe we couldn't put something together for him. :thumbdown:

With all of the forwards we have in Buffalo and the guys in Portland, I'm disappointed we didn't make a run at Whitney. He's huge, scored 10 or more goals the last two seasons, and we will be losing Spacek and Teppo after this season. Is Chris Kunitz that much better than some of the guys we have? I find it hard to believe we couldn't put something together for him. :thumbdown:

Uh ... because unlike like Anaheim, we are competing directly with the Penguins for one of the final playoff spots?

Also, who's to say that we didn't make an offer. Kunitz is better than most guys that we would have been willing to give up. They were looking for a scoring forward. We're a bit short on those.

Archived