Long Road Stretch

EdwardSauve

Sorry, it's been a long time since I posted. Mostly lurking.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the next stretch of games for the Sabres. Namely that, after the Ranger game on Friday, they play 9 of 10 on the road. I know the All-Star break is in there, but they travel to the West Coast for 4 after the ASG.

For some reason they seem to play better on the road this year, so I am cautiously optimistic. However, they do play Detroit, Chicago, and Anaheim in that run. How many points do you think they'll need to get in that 10 game stretch to lock down a playoff spot? Do you think that this is potentially a make-or-break-your-season road trip?

Interested in any feedback. Thanks.

Sorry, it's been a long time since I posted. Mostly lurking.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the next stretch of games for the Sabres. Namely that, after the Ranger game on Friday, they play 9 of 10 on the road. I know the All-Star break is in there, but they travel to the West Coast for 4 after the ASG.

For some reason they seem to play better on the road this year, so I am cautiously optimistic. However, they do play Detroit, Chicago, and Anaheim in that run. How many points do you think they'll need to get in that 10 game stretch to lock down a playoff spot? Do you think that this is potentially a make-or-break-your-season road trip?

Interested in any feedback. Thanks.

Hmmm... as far as making or breaking the season goes, we have 31 games after this road stretch.... So only if we really start fudging the bucket (say, we 6 points of 20 and are 6-8 points out of a 8th in the East afterward) would I be worried.

I expect them to get 10-12 points of the 20, maybe? If we could get 12 out of 20, and (still be in the 8th spot or within a point or two), I would be happy :)

Also, what I have been thinking is that maybe after having just one home game in about a 3.5-week span, they come out stoked to be in front of a home crowd again. This begins with a nice 4-game divisional rival stretch: home against TOR on Wed Feb. 4, then MON, @OTT, and OTT. Basically I am envisioning them being grateful to be home after the road stretch, therefore putting forth an actual effort on home ice...?

Well anyway..... one game at a time. Lundqvist got lit up a bit against Montreal last night, looking at the highlights. Should be a fun game tomorrow night.

GO SABRES!

I expect them to take 12-16 points over the next 10 games, but I expect them to lose to a lousy Loaf team when they come back home and possibly go on a bit of a downturn after that. Moe-ray-all and the Otters play a style very similar to theirs which they typically have problems with. (Even though the Otters are horrible this year, I won't put either game in the automatic column although they both should be.)

Archived