Never Seen A Team in ANY Sport Play Down

K-9

Probably the biggest sign of immaturity and lack of leadership is that annoying tendency to think they can just mail it in against the "lesser talented" teams in the league. Yeah, I know they dominated Florida and outworked Toronto for most of the game. But "MOST" of the game doesn't cut it and that's the very definition of playing down to the opponent.

News flash Sabres: EVERY team in the league can kick your collective on any given night simply by outworking you.

And I get the distinct impression every team knows this about our team.

GO SABRES!!!

Probably the biggest sign of immaturity and lack of leadership is that annoying tendency to think they can just mail it in against the "lesser talented" teams in the league. Yeah, I know they dominated Florida and outworked Toronto for most of the game. But "MOST" of the game doesn't cut it and that's the very definition of playing down to the opponent.

News flash Sabres: EVERY team in the league can kick your collective on any given night simply by outworking you.

And I get the distinct impression every team knows this about our team.

GO SABRES!!!

Have you considered that the "elite" teams are playing down to the Sabres level and that when Buffalo plays the Toronto and Tampa etc. they are actually playing teams are their level.

Nobody likes to hear me repeat it but one of my favorite sports quotes ever by Bill Parcells, you are what you are. Its been almost one and a half years and what the Sabres are is a marginal playoff team, somewhere between 6th and 10th in the conference. And worst part about it, LQ and DR seem content with that.

Have you considered that the "elite" teams are playing down to the Sabres level and that when Buffalo plays the Toronto and Tampa etc. they are actually playing teams are their level.

Nobody likes to hear me repeat it but one of my favorite sports quotes ever by Bill Parcells, you are what you are. Its been almost one and a half years and what the Sabres are is a marginal playoff team, somewhere between 6th and 10th in the conference. And worst part about it, LQ and DR seem content with that.

Can't disagree with any of this as I've considered this to be the case for some time but have been unwilling to admit it. We indeed are what we are.

Now that was downright cathartic.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived