Aud demolition postponed until January...

LabattBlue

It is all about economy and industry... BFLO has none... Who's gonna foot the bill? So things wait.

Sad to say, it is a dead end... There is already ice forming here, yet you can still see pleasure boats, fisherman, and what not still heading out on good days... In BFLO, the season has to have been ended for over a month now... The waterfront season is so incredibaly short... And with no industry, the area's waterfront resource becomes sadly even more irrelevant.

Here I still work 24/7/365... This morning alone since midnight, I worked over 18,000 ton of cargo and a bunch of empties... The season here is just picking up commercially... Even when they are punching through 12" of ice... They just bring bigger more powerful boats from down south to cut a path... I would be shocked if anything over a couple 100,000 ton of cargo make it through BFLO for the whole season... And most of that is coal going to the power plant on the upper river...

All they can do is pin things on recreation... But, where does the money come from? Shopping? :wallbash: :wallbash:

It is sad... Really sad... I feel for BFLO. I wish it would be different!

If you are interested in the inner workings of the ECHDC(Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp), check out the webcast of their most recent BoD meeting at

http://www.eriecanalharbor.com

My favorite exchange was when they were talking about getting the aud demolition contract approved...

Person #1 The contract has been sent downstate for approval. It will take about 3 weeks.

Person #2 Why does it take 3 weeks?

Person #1(asking person #3 about this) Do you want to address this <insert name of #3>?

Person #3 It takes 3 weeks because it is not being expedited.

Person #2 Why isn't it being expedited?

Person #3 Nobody asked me to expedite it.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

What a cluster#%^$#!. This truly provides insight as to why public projects in WNY either take forever or end up going nowhere.

If you are interested in the inner workings of the ECHDC(Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp), check out the webcast of their most recent BoD meeting at

http://www.eriecanalharbor.com

My favorite exchange was when they were talking about getting the aud demolition contract approved...

Person #1 The contract has been sent downstate for approval. It will take about 3 weeks.

Person #2 Why does it take 3 weeks?

Person #1(asking person #3 about this) Do you want to address this <insert name of #3>?

Person #3 It takes 3 weeks because it is not being expedited.

Person #2 Why isn't it being expedited?

Person #3 Nobody asked me to expedite it.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

What a cluster#%^$#!. This truly provides insight as to why public projects either take forever or end up going nowhere.

Someone should call in airstrikes. Public projects are usually overpriced boondoggles; public projects in New York state are a nightmare; public projects in an upstate city that's incapable of securing a bait-n-tackle franchise...

Archived