Follow up poll: What's the Solution?

Eleven

So, what's the solution?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The Sabres need to...

• Bring up a defenseman from Portland.
    • Bring up a finesse-type scorer from Portland.
    • Bring up a gritty checking forward from Portland.
    • Acquire a defenseman from elsewhere.
    • Acquire a finesse-type scorer from elsewhere.
    • Acquire a gritty checking forward from elsewhere.
    • Hire a new assistant coach.
    • Hire a new head coach.
    • Other (please describe).
    • Be patient and let it work itself out.

The Sabres need an NHL defenseman first, but they also need to call up Kennedy from the minors. Boumeester would be a GREAT pick up, if Darcy could pull it off. He could give up a couple of players for him. I wouldn't care. The Sabres aren't getting the job done w/ who they got.

I would like to trade for a physical defenseman(age does not matter) unlike Rivet and Pratt who we were led to believe would fill the void. Screw rental players. I want a guy coming back who is under contract for at least this year and next.

A 4th line vet forward who is willing to lead by example in the locker room and on the ice, would not cost much. Instead we have Adam "Gretzky" Mair, Paul "I hit the jackpot" Gaustad and Andrew "Blind Haymaker" Peters leading the 4th line charge.

The other problem on the team is a lack of a second scoring line center(to go with Roy) who preferably excels as a playmaker(to get the puck to Vanek and Pominville) and is a good faceoff man. The problem is, the price will be high. Scott Gomez anyone?

The only players I'd try and hold onto to make these 3 moves are Vanek, Miller, Lydman, Roy and Pominville on the big club, Gerbe, Kennedy, Butler, Weber and Enroth in Portland and Myers and Ennis in juniors. Everyone else is in play as well as all draft picks.

Making it to the conference finals two years in a row has made many fans forget that this team has missed the playoffs 4 out of the last 6 seasons(not including this one).

I think a physical defenseman is the first thing they need and also an offensive defenseman. Ideally I'd like to get a physical forward with some skill as our physical forwards (as few as they may be) lack any type of scoring touch. That may be a little more difficult. I really wish Regier would go after Bowmeester, he does have size and offensive skills, exactly what we need on the blue line.

Archived