Sabres tickets pretty expensive

Barnabov

Just bought some tickets for when the boys will be playing in Dallas Jan15th - surprised to see the Stars tickets were comparably less expensive ($70) than the ones we just bought for 10/21 game in Buffalo vs. Bruins @ $83 - both were lower bowl - but I guess the Buff tickets being more center section makes sense for the premium.

What's really ridiculous however is the $8.90 convenience fee per ticket for the Buffalo game - had to pay $4/ticket for Dallas which is still highway robbery but paying more than 10% in fees in Buffalo is total b.s. - anyone know why it's so high - are there some local or good old NYS taxes folded into that fee? We have 8.25% sales tax in Texas but maybe it's not applied to tickets.

Oh well - money well spent. Now my wife says she needs a woman's jersey too - any idea when the new 3rd ones will be out?

Just bought some tickets for when the boys will be playing in Dallas Jan15th - surprised to see the Stars tickets were comparably less expensive ($70) than the ones we just bought for 10/21 game in Buffalo vs. Bruins @ $83 - both were lower bowl - but I guess the Buff tickets being more center section makes sense for the premium.

What's really ridiculous however is the $8.90 convenience fee per ticket for the Buffalo game - had to pay $4/ticket for Dallas which is still highway robbery but paying more than 10% in fees in Buffalo is total b.s. - anyone know why it's so high - are there some local or good old NYS taxes folded into that fee? We have 8.25% sales tax in Texas but maybe it's not applied to tickets.

Oh well - money well spent. Now my wife says she needs a woman's jersey too - any idea when the new 3rd ones will be out?

I think Ticketmaster provides the ticket sales service for tickets not purchased in person at the Arena and sets the fee. Not sure if they service the Asterisks too, or if some other company does. But I think the "convenience" fee--do they really think they're successfully bullshitting us?--is a Ticketmaster thing.

Wasn't Ticketmaster started up by a couple of UB students, by the way? Where's the love?

It's called a free market economy - the Sabres are charging what the market will support. I've been to a Stars game...while the AAA was sold out...really nice arena...I'd venture to say fantastic arena...the Sabres are popular, fun to watch and winning (not enough though, let's get a Cup this year!).

I'd say that the WNY economy isn't as horrible as everyone on this board about...just saying.

Archived