Sabres on WCMF in Rochester

Scotty

All Rochester Sabres Fans,

WCMF will be airing Sabre's games this year, which is great because 950's signal strength is awful.

Also "Dope and the Bulldog" will be on 950 3-7 in the afternoons.

Is that 'CMF like the "Long Live Rock" station? And the Brother Weeze Morning Show? I moved away in the very early 90's, but I thought they were THE rock station - and they're interrupting their format for Sabres games?

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Sabre games would be on FM and not on something like WHAM (1180 AM, I think). It also seems strange they'd be on Rochchacha radio at all, given "the divorce."

So what's the deal with 'CMF these days - are they still a rock station or are they now sports?

Is that 'CMF like the "Long Live Rock" station? And the Brother Weeze Morning Show? I moved away in the very early 90's, but I thought they were THE rock station - and they're interrupting their format for Sabres games?

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Sabre games would be on FM and not on something like WHAM (1180 AM, I think). It also seems strange they'd be on Rochchacha radio at all, given "the divorce."

So what's the deal with 'CMF these days - are they still a rock station or are they now sports?

CMF is still rock. Good station. They don't have Brother Weeze anymore though.

They used to have Bills games each Sunday but lost them to 1180 for this season and got the Sabres to replace them.

They had been broadcasting Bills games, but now WHAM has the Bills. WCMF has been in some throes lately.

I moved away in the very early 90's...So what's the deal with 'CMF these days - are they still a rock station or are they now sports?

Just a brief history since you have been gone with Rochester radio (I know I'll screw this up but here goes):

92.5 WBEE - Country switched late 80's/early 90's from Rock, still Rochester's most popular station :rolleyes:

93.3 WFKL - "Joe" format, basically adult contemporary. Was oldies.

94.1 WZNE - Nu :rolleyes: Rock, the Zone. Have no idea what it was in the early 90's.

95.1 ???? - Classic Rock. Used to be the Nerve, alternative music. Wease's new home starting November 17th, the end of his non-compete clause.

96.5 WCMF - Classic Rock. Same minus Wease.

97.9 WPXY - Same crappy bubble gum pop music.

98.9 The Buzz - Weird combination of late 70's, 80's and 90's music.

100.5 The Drive - Adult Contemporary. Basically the same station with a different name.

101.3 WRME - Still crappy soft rock. Celine Dion and Michael Bolton live here.

103.9 WDKX - Hip Hop. No real changes.

106.7 KISS - Hip Hop/Pop. Like PXY but more hip hop, if that is possible, and the DJ's like to talk about sex when my kid is listening. :wallbash:

Just a brief history since you have been gone with Rochester radio (I know I'll screw this up but here goes):

92.5 WBEE - Country switched late 80's/early 90's from Rock, still Rochester's most popular station :rolleyes:

93.3 WFKL - "Joe" format, basically adult contemporary. Was oldies.

94.1 WZNE - Nu :rolleyes: Rock, the Zone. Have no idea what it was in the early 90's.

95.1 ???? - Classic Rock. Used to be the Nerve, alternative music. Wease's new home starting November 17th, the end of his non-compete clause.

96.5 WCMF - Classic Rock. Same minus Wease.

97.9 WPXY - Same crappy bubble gum pop music.

98.9 The Buzz - Weird combination of late 70's, 80's and 90's music.

100.5 The Drive - Adult Contemporary. Basically the same station with a different name.

101.3 WRME - Still crappy soft rock. Celine Dion and Michael Bolton live here.

103.9 WDKX - Hip Hop. No real changes.

106.7 KISS - Hip Hop/Pop. Like PXY but more hip hop, if that is possible, and the DJ's like to talk about sex when my kid is listening. :wallbash:

Wow, that takes me back a few years. I still remember being bummed when MJQ went soft. I think CMF was more popular but man, I loved "92 WMJQ - Kick-Ass Rock n Roll." I used to tune in to 97 Rock from time to time as well as CFNY "102.1 The Spirit of Radio" from Toronto. Sometime about my junior/senior year of high school my tastes changed and I pretty much stopped listening to too much radio...

DKX not changing doesn't surprise me much (every city needs a strong urban format station) but I'm surprised PXY is still doing their Top 40 thing. Most of the others I don't even remember - especially the country station - I didn't remember people listening to too much country... Guess I'm getting old. :ph34r:

Archived