my own roster analysis

JohnRobertEichel

Yea, they said they were counting it for this year because they are factoring in what they are going to be costing the next couple of years. So if we did want to sign a UFA that number would be included.

First, if they can't trade them, Max, Tim, Ales and Jaro will all be off the cap next year and presumably replaced by kids.

Second, with oil expected to remain high through 2009, the cap will continue to rise and if the team stays about 5 to 6 below the cap, their cap will go up again next year.

First, if they can't trade them, Max, Tim, Ales and Jaro will all be off the cap next year and presumably replaced by kids.

Second, with oil expected to remain high through 2009, the cap will continue to rise and if the team stays about 5 to 6 below the cap, their cap will go up again next year.

Without listening to the clip, I'll say this. They still have to plan into the future. They can account for an expected increase in the cap, but they still have to be aware of how the future payroll looks.

Without listening to the clip, I'll say this. They still have to plan into the future. They can account for an expected increase in the cap, but they still have to be aware of how the future payroll looks.

Listening to the clip it seems like Quinn is going to "pass the puck" to DR and let him decide whats going on with UFA's and trading. They said that a FA isn't out of the question but a trade would be a likely outcome.

Archived