Sabres keep getting handed opportunities and they keep squandering them...

matter2003

Personally, I feel this team's head is already on the golf course as their sense of desperation has been virtually non existent for the past few weeks. While teams ahead of them like Philly and Boston have given the Sabres every opportunity you could ask for to be caught, the Sabres have refused to take them, playing even worse then those teams have.

In fact, if they are not careful, the Sabres still may find themselves in 11th or 12th place, as 3 teams are now only 1 point behind the Sabres(Washington, Florida and Toronto).

Anyways, if I were Lindy I would try something drastic to really send a message to the team, since nothing else seems to be working. I would have the assistant coaches only at a morning practice and have them not say anything about why Ruff isn't there, acting like everything is normal. When one of the players asks where Ruff is, the assistant could tell them, "He decided since noone on the team wants to show up for the games, he'd rather do something useful with his time like sleep."

Normally on a team that had some sort of leadership, it would light a fire under their , but unfortunately on this team, that type of leadership is non-existent and they would probably decide to cry to each other about it instead of doing something to fix it...

Archived