here come the prospects!

sabreman

i know that when i say this you are going to say "what about briere" or "how 'bout drury?"

but i thin prospects will take over the team by 3 years so many young guys! prospects are flowing and we gotta give em more ice time.

Lets break down the prospects according to hockeysfuture.com:

Marek Zagrapan-highly touted but has had an extremely difficult time adjusting to the pro game. Still at least 2 years away.

Drew Stafford-has shown offensive brillance but needs more work on the "D". With the big club next year.

Dennis Persson-I don't know enough about him but according to HF, he is having a hard time cracking a Swedish team roster which tells me he is years away.

Daniel Paille-NHL ready but will never be much more than a third liner. Full time NHLer next year.

Andrej Sekera-Eventual top 4 defenseman, loads of potential on both sides of the rink. Possible 7th defenseman next year but could probably use another year in the "A".

Clarke MacArthur-Future top 9 NHL forward, still determining his offensive prowess in the NHL. One of the final roster cuts next year and possible first call up.

Jhonas Enroth-sharing time in net in Sweden, see you in five years.

Marc-Andre Gragnani-Amerk next year.

Michael Funk-Still very raw, needs to bulk up and play more physical for his size. Another year or two in the "A".

Patrick Kaleta-A coaches dream. Gives it everything despite skill limitations. NHLer next year.

Mark Mancari-has offensive upside but may be a little slow of foot to fit in with these Sabres. Only in Buffalo if a lot of vacancies are created.

Mike Card-Needs more seasoning, possible 6th or 7th defenseman. NHL in 2 years.

Adam Dennis-shown flashes in Rochester but still very green. Possible backup in two years.

Michael Ryan-HF doesn't have him included. That's just fine, I think I have a pretty good read. Possible 3rd liner but probably not with this team.

There are others like Tim Kennedy that are still in school or lower level minors. Suffice to say they are still years away and their talent assement can't really be gauged at this point.

I don't claim to be an expert and please remember that these are just one man's opinion.

i know that when i say this you are going to say "what about briere" or "how 'bout drury?"

but i thin prospects will take over the team by 3 years so many young guys! prospects are flowing and we gotta give em more ice time.

Thanks how the NHL works. Every team has turn over each year. Even more so in today's NHL with the Cap.

Jhonas Enroth-sharing time in net in Sweden, see you in five years.

I've been told by another early round drafted goalie that Enroth isn't very impressive at all. It's possible that he saw him on a bad game, so I don't know how much stock you can put into that comment.

Archived