Is it Just me

SabresFan526

Am I the only one seeing this? It looks like Zubrus still looks lost on the ice. In 3-4 games with the Sabres, he has still yet to record a point. I wouldn't say he's not trying or not giving effort, because I'm definitely seeing effort from him, but he just still looks lost and very uncomfortable in the system. Is Lindy's system that complex? Oh well, I guess I can put up with his uncomfortableness until the playoffs, but he better turn it on in the playoffs. The reason I'm willing to give a pass during the regular season is because we've seen this happen before for us. Remember good old Stuuuuuuuuuuuuu Barnes? I remember when we made the Barnaby for Barnes trade. I was so excited. And then Barnes did not score a goal at all, and I believe had all of 3 points during the rest of the regular season that year. But, he caught on fire during the playoffs, particularly in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Leafs. I hope Zubby turns it on at the right time. However, in the meantime, I still feel a little unsettled by his play.

Zubrus' first game, one of the Sabres was mic-ed up. He was trying to explain the system to Zubrus and mentioned the "defensive zone." Zubrus replied, "what do you mean defensive zone?" Maybe he's not the brightest bulb... :)

Am I the only one seeing this? It looks like Zubrus still looks lost on the ice. In 3-4 games with the Sabres, he has still yet to record a point. I wouldn't say he's not trying or not giving effort, because I'm definitely seeing effort from him, but he just still looks lost and very uncomfortable in the system. Is Lindy's system that complex? Oh well, I guess I can put up with his uncomfortableness until the playoffs, but he better turn it on in the playoffs. The reason I'm willing to give a pass during the regular season is because we've seen this happen before for us. Remember good old Stuuuuuuuuuuuuu Barnes? I remember when we made the Barnaby for Barnes trade. I was so excited. And then Barnes did not score a goal at all, and I believe had all of 3 points during the rest of the regular season that year. But, he caught on fire during the playoffs, particularly in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Leafs. I hope Zubby turns it on at the right time. However, in the meantime, I still feel a little unsettled by his play.

That's right, fans were ALL over Stu Barnes for not scoring in the regular season.

Archived