Ok guys, something positive.

Rabbit151

I couldn't really care less about basketball, BUT............my favorite team for about 25 years now, has been the Spurs.

This was a team that everyone said could never win. Play-off losers. Chokers. Never beat the Lakers, etc.

Oh wait, 3 championships and one of the most dominant teams in the past 10 years.

I see a parallel here. Sabres....perennial losers. Never win when it counts. City of Buffalo "wah, wah, wah's " every time they find a way to lose.

This may finally be it guys. I never thought I'd see the Spurs win, but they did. I never thought I'd see the Sabres win. But, they will. This may finally be it.

And if the Sabres make it to the finals this year, I'm making a road-trip out there to take it all in.

I'm sure Rickshaw will pick me up on the way there.

If you really couldn't care less about basketball, how on earth have u followed a team for 25 years?

Yes, followed can be interpreted as a pretty strong word. When I follow the Sabres, it's like all-in. With basketball, it's like, every 5 games or so I check the standings. If they win, cool, if they lose, no big deal.

I just kinda picked a fave for the heck of it. But the point is, I see similarities between Buffalo and San Antonio in that the Spurs seemed like that decent team that you never, ever thought was gonna win the big one. In the back of my mind, I see the Sabres as that team that will just never win the big one.

I'm trying to be positive and remind myself, and all of you, that history is not a loop. One day, the Sabres will win. I especially had to remind myself of that after watching that debacle against Colorado. Wow, did they stink.

I'm glad I'm missing tonights game, I think it'll be another stinker. I got a bad feeling about this one.

Today after school I was talking to my friend who is going to the game tomorrow, and might come over for the game tonight. She borrowed my jersey for the game... but right when I got home I took a nap (and just woke up a few minutes ago, by the way), and honest to god I had a dream that it was 6-0 Buffalo with 6:43 left in the first period.

Granted Minnesota is no Washington, but I'm fairly optimistic now.

Archived