Long term IR vs. IR?

Sabresince70

The roster/line-up PDF file for tonight has Goose and Timmy listed on "IR". It does not mention Max or Paille or Kotalik or Spacek at all. I would think the difference between them is Goose and Timmy would be "long term IR", while the others are on "IR" for the purposxe of filling their roster spot. Does anyone know what the determinations really are?

I know it seems meaningless but we had a 1 1/2" dusting of snow so my kids are home from school and I can't sleep (I work midnights) so I'm just finding things to keep busy!

(and yeah, down here an inch and a half of snow is a MAJOR problem - I live about 5 miles from the highway that stranded cars/trucks for more than a day in 5 inches!)

The roster/line-up PDF file for tonight has Goose and Timmy listed on "IR". It does not mention Max or Paille or Kotalik or Spacek at all. I would think the difference between them is Goose and Timmy would be "long term IR", while the others are on "IR" for the purposxe of filling their roster spot. Does anyone know what the determinations really are?

I know it seems meaningless but we had a 1 1/2" dusting of snow so my kids are home from school and I can't sleep (I work midnights) so I'm just finding things to keep busy!

(and yeah, down here an inch and a half of snow is a MAJOR problem - I live about 5 miles from the highway that stranded cars/trucks for more than a day in 5 inches!)

The team is given cap relief for players on LTIR. There is no cap relief for the regular IR. The only point of the regular IR is that it frees up a roster spot for an injury replacement. At this point of the year (post trade deadline), there is no cap on the maximum roster size, so the regular IR is essentially meaningless. Those other guys don't need to be moved to the IR. They were on IR at some point though because we had most of the callups before the deadline.

Archived