Kent, Ohio or Geneseo, NY

El Chucko

I lived in Cleveland for 3 years, and Kent's not far away. You have to buy Center Ice to get the Sabres, but that's a plus since you can justify it to your wife and get all the games in the NHL :)

NE Ohio is fun, there is a ton to do. I grew up in Alden, NY which is not far from Geneseo. I also had many a hazy night there partying with the figs, as my friends went to college there. That said, my vote is for Kent. WAY MORE to do in NE Ohio, We usually trucked up to Rochacha to do things if we weren't drunk at a frat house in Geneseo.

Just wondering what happened to Geneseo and Oswego.

Congrats I guess. <_< :D

yeah we got killed in the playoffs, something like 6-2. it was rough.

i didnt realize there were so many geneseo-ans on the board. i go there now and have nothing but good things to say about it. having lived in buffalo my whole life until college, geneseo is one of the few places where the food rivals what i expect in buffalo (mia's is clutch for late night pizza) and the only thing i miss is mighty taco. since the campus just got msg, its an awesome place to be as a sabre fan, and the drive is only an hour or so to HSBC arena.

I also lived in the columbus area for a summer with my friend, and although it was nice, it just wasnt the same. all the food there was way worse and had you wishing for some of the hometown pizza joints. The alcohol laws really sucked in ohio since it was way to expensive for my little college income. It was a nice place to visit, but i couldnt imagine living there without the things from home ive grown accustomed to.

Btw Braedon, my roomate is a phig, and i know exacetly what you mean about those "hazy nights". that place is great!

WAY MORE to do in NE Ohio

I like Cleveland, but I wouldn't take it over being 40 minutes - 1 hour away from both Buffalo and Rochester. Plus, as many have said, food and beer (not to mention hockey AHL and NHL) matters.

And yes, I was surprised and disheartened by the Ice Knights' early exit from the SUNYAC's.

Does anyone know what Michel Bond is doing now? Is he playing hockey anywhere? I loved that guy. In fact, can anyone provide a list of former ice-knights in the playing in the minors?

Archived