Hockey has/will never arrive on US landscape

mrjsbu96

Maybe it is better this way anway, because new fans brings in too many stupid ideas (like glowing pucks and curved goal posts).

It seems that hockey is on the front page again but this time for a gambling scandal. The only other times that come to my mind in the past few years are the day the lockout cancelled the season and when Bert took out Steve Moore.

Again, as a huge fan of the game like most of you, to me this sucks. Listening to guys like Mike & Mike this morning cover hockey for the first time ever this year despite great stories like Sabres, Canes, and even the Rangers, along with an otherwise exciting on-ice product, just proves the point. But, like I said, maybe this is a good thing? Hockey will never be big, but as long as the league accepts and covets its blue-collar, hard-nosed fan base we will be ok?

Anyone else thoughts on the issue?

i think its bad for the game but at least its away from the on ice product itself... its 5 people in a leauge of thousands... all that has to be done is those people removed and disposed of in a professional fashion quietly... i don't think its gonna hurt the nhl alot... just a shame that some of hockeys most prominent names could be involved in something like this.

i think its bad for the game but at least its away from the on ice product itself... its 5 people in a leauge of thousands... all that has to be done is those people removed and disposed of in a professional fashion quietly... i don't think its gonna hurt the nhl alot... just a shame that some of hockeys most prominent names could be involved in something like this.

I completely agree with you on this one. I think it's awful press that there was an illegal gambling ring like this, but like you said if the league handles it correctly it shouldn't really hurt the game. Baseball survived, and Rose was betting on baseball...much worse.

I watch Pardon the Interruption alot and Mike and Tony never talk about hockey.. EVER and the other day they lead off with the gambling ring. I think that if people arent going to cover anything good about hockey than they have no right to report anything that goes bad. If you dont like the sport that much then dont mess with it.

Archived