Blessing in disguise

wjag

With these injuries one would rightly conclude that scoring would tail off. Yet just the opposite has happened. Buffalo has scored 6, 5, 6 and 6 goals in their last four games. Teams around the NHL have to be scratching their heads.

Without the star power, the others on this team have stepped up. Guys like Staffford, Tallinder, MacArthur. Mair, Roy, Peters have all tallied. With their increased ice time, they are showing that they can score as well.

This can only help the team and their confidence come playoff time. So is this rash of injuries a blessing in disguise? Lindy quiped they will be the most rested team entering the playoffs..

Well, to be fair, one of those was Philadelphia and the other was Toronto coming off of a back-to-back and 3-in-4 with some injuries of their own. Also, we did also let in 11 in 2 games vs. Ottawa and even 3 against the Flyers. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see the young guys stepping up to put the puck in the net. I just wanted to put a little perspective on some of the numbers. Scoring 11 against Ottawa in two games was still impressive.

Archived