Strategy for Tonight's Game

wjag

First off, Ottawa needs this game more than Buffalo. They are chasing we are protecting.. So let's play this for all its worth.

Suppose we send Peters, Kaleta, and Mair to start the game. Murray who gets to change last has a decision to make. This sends a message right away that we want to match Peters against the Alfie line all night. Murray can either change to McGratton and company or leave his tin men out there.

Regardless of what he does, I want Peters to take the opening faceoff at Center Ice. Imagine that reaction. What ever you do, don't fight right away, if at all.

But everytime Spezza, Heatly and Alfi hit the ice, put in the Peters line and just play Defense. Bang them in the zone.

The best thing the Sabres can do is just play hockey and go after two points. Let the Sens run around and be al jumpy. The Refs are going to be hyper sensitive so let the Sens take all the dumb penalties.

The Sabres have nothing to prove. They beat & beat up the Sens with a roster 1/3 filled with AHL players. The Sabres only concern is home ice. The Sens are dead in the division and will be hard pressed to even make the playoffs. Not that they would do anything in the playoffs if they made it.

First off, Ottawa needs this game more than Buffalo. They are chasing we are protecting.. So let's play this for all its worth.

Suppose we send Peters, Kaleta, and Mair to start the game. Murray who gets to change last has a decision to make. This sends a message right away that we want to match Peters against the Alfie line all night. Murray can either change to McGratton and company or leave his tin men out there.

Regardless of what he does, I want Peters to take the opening faceoff at Center Ice. Imagine that reaction. What ever you do, don't fight right away, if at all.

But everytime Spezza, Heatly and Alfi hit the ice, put in the Peters line and just play Defense. Bang them in the zone.

I totally agree... Play it clean and trap the heck out of the Sens... AGAIN PLAY IT CLEAN... YET HARD, just like Neil did (or at least they, the NHL, say) agianst Drury...

I am glad that the last game panned out in BFLO... It really puts the ball in Murray's court to react (with regards to the last line change)...

And play the chess match ala the New Jersey Devils... Lindy can totally coach this!

He is a rock star in my book dating way back as a rook not talkin' any sh*t from that dirt bag Billy Smith and his uncapped end of a goal stick!

Archived