Re-watching the game from last night

Knightrider

It doesn't change my mind either. I think Neil should have been suspended. But I am pretty sure the concussion happened when he hit the ice hit the side of his head.

I grew up playing organized football and street hockey, so I admit I don't have a ton of experience in this. My kids will have the chance to play organized hockey, so I will learn through them, though. But, to me, that helmet is useless unless a stay puck caught you like the one that gave Connelly the black eyes. If you don't want to be choked, get a chin strap made. Chin straps ought to be standard equipment, just like they are in football.

Drury's taken hits before that WEREN'T to his head, and the helmet has stayed on. For it to fly off like it did, he obviously took a shot to the head.

No question about that. To me it looked like Neil's shoulder caught Drury in the chin. The Ottawa broadcast did a better job of showing it. Look at how Drury's head gets wrenched to the right.

But the ice is a whole lot harder than a shoulder pad.

No question about that. To me it looked like Neil's shoulder caught Drury in the chin. The Ottawa broadcast did a better job of showing it. Look at how Drury's head gets wrenched to the right.

Oh, Neil's shoulder DEFINITELY his Drury's chin, and then there was the follow-through where he raised his shoulder up after contact for emphasis. My point about the helmet was to prove to those who STILL can't see that that it WAS a shot to the head.

And again, Drury is all class and a star player. Total head-hunting cheap shot by a cretin.

Knightrider I'm gonna fill ya in on a couple of secrets of hockey. It is one of the most expensive sports as far as equipment to play it, hockey sticks continue to get more and more expensive, and finally the famous ice hockey helmet is about the most useless protective head gear in any contact sport.

Archived