Really biased article about last night by the Canadian Press...

Goodfella25

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=28949...ge&service=page

This, as you can see, is on the NHL website, written by the "Canadian Press." It is the most one-sided article I have seen in a while. I love how the Canadian Press will stick by their teams no matter what...Anyway read the article, what do you think? Did they talk to any Sabres players for this story? Isn't that one-sided? Where is an accompanying article with the Sabres' side of things? Some nice editorializing going on here under the cover of a "feature" article <_<

Wow, that article stinks like a Lake Erie bullhead in the sun. I like how Neil's actions were downgraded to a "check" not even a "late check" or "possibly late check."

actually, it is unclear that he even hit him. Drury could have just flinched...

because we have a "hit squad?" WTF IS THAT????

ohhhhhhhh....i forgot....that's why we're where we are right now....good ol' time hockey...lots of big time hits, fights, and scrums, this buffalo sabres team...HIDE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!

buch of goons!!!!!

Neil insisted he caught Drury with a clean shoulder check. Ruff complained to the referees that Neil used his elbow.

"That's what the ref asked me. He said, 'Did you get your elbow up?' I said, 'No. If anything it may have been a step late.' But after watching the replay, it wasn't even late.

"I don't lead the NHL in hits for nothing."

Could this possibly be true? Would a ref be boneheaded to ask a guy if he got his elbow up?

Policeman: Hey you did you just rob this bank?

Bandit: No?

Douche bags.

Biased... hmmmmmmmm...... since this is a Sabres board- it seems anything not Sabres will be considered biased. So- here it goes....

The hit was clean from all video indications- no elbow was raised- but a hit to the head with a shoulder- part of the contatc of the check. It was a bit late- but not so late it was a clear penalty. The Buffalo response by fighting the guy was clear and needed for the respect of the palyers. But the cheap actions by Ruff- and the goon antics by the Sabres was worse than acceptable. Didn't I see a Sabre grab Heatley from behind- by the head- and try to bend him backward? That is cheap- and deliberate attempt to injure. Several cross checks after the faceoff- all from the Buffagoons and then the two-faced and cowardly coaching....... I think Ruiff said that it was a 'predatory type hit'..... well- he should know about a player trying to injure- and accept it-. Consider this.... direct from Ruff.......

He was running around creaming his teammates, including forward Thomas Vanek, during a practice that was open the public and was supposed to be low key. Ruff had to speak to him to dial it down. "That's a true story. He looks to hit hard and he looks to hurt people," said Ruff.

Now- if Ruff can accept this of one of his own palyers- why should the rules be different for other teams.....

Ruff is a poor caoch if he thinks this is acceptable . He deserves about 12-15 game suspension for this- and a probation- further actions like this this season will result in doubling of his penalty.... the 12-15 games..... The Sabres organization should be fined 50,000 for the antics- and the condoning of the antics based on their non- suspension of Ruff.

The one Sabre with a bit of class in this- Mair- for going to the Sens lockerroom and apologizing. A true sportsman and MAN to handle it so well.

If the NHL has the guts- the discipline on this will be swift and harsh- for all who chose poorly. The hit was clean- technically- but was a bit cheap...... an oppotunistic hit that really wasn't needed or good for anyone.

A sidenote- since nearly all suspensions are appealed- a new rule should be instigated....... if an appeal is filed- and the original penalty stands- the punishment should double...... if there was a 3 game suspension appealled and upheld- the new should be a six game suspension........

This logic follows the NFL challenge rule- a consequnce to the appela so as to maintian some integfrity.

For the record- I am not a Sabres fan- and much much less a Sens fan...... just a hockey fan...

so go ahead- those who choose- flame me and deny the realities..... look with reason and logic-0 not emotion.....

"all emotion aside..."

it was a QUESTIONABLE hit at best...on a CAPTAIN of an injury ridden team...looking at one of the most realistic chances at something special in 32 years.

mmyeah, i'm guessing you're not gonna find many "emotion aside" friends here.

Biased... hmmmmmmmm...... since this is a Sabres board- it seems anything not Sabres will be considered biased.

It was a bit late- but not so late it was a clear penalty.

But the cheap actions by Ruff- and the goon antics by the Sabres was worse than acceptable.

Several cross checks after the faceoff- all from the Buffagoons and then the two-faced and cowardly coaching.......

Ruff is a poor caoch if he thinks this is acceptable . He deserves about 12-15 game suspension for this- and a probation- further actions like this this season will result in doubling of his penalty.... the 12-15 games..... The Sabres organization should be fined 50,000 for the antics- and the condoning of the antics based on their non- suspension of Ruff.

The one Sabre with a bit of class in this- Mair- for going to the Sens lockerroom and apologizing. A true sportsman and MAN to handle it so well.

I can see you are an expert on logic. A 12-15 game suspension, huh? Please inform me where I can buy the same stuff you're smoking, because it would be nice to fall away into a narcotic oblivion in order to think the way you do. That was the least informative and most ignorant and most ambiguous post I have read on here. Congrats, you've made history.

It was the Sen's gutless player Neil that initiated the whole thing, and now we are without our captain. None of their pansy players got hurt, so they should count their blessings. If anything they got a punch or two in the face, and they deserve more than that for talking tough in the media but not backing it up on the ice(if you don't know what this refers to, see Spezza's comments in the article." You go after our guy, we are coming for yours. That is the fair thing to do, knocking the pussbag Neil out is not equal to us losing Drury.

And in regard to your comment on using "reason" rather than "emotion," what do you expect when you claim you aren't a Sabres fan, yet you come to a SABRES board to troll at a time of very high intensity and emotion? What do you call that, "reason"?

I'm not smokin' anything- just presenting a few thoughts. The 12-15 game sis to send the message that a coach will not be allowed to do this.

And I did come to a Sabres board to see how the Sabs fans were responding- actually quite well for the most. Most are responding emotionally- but rationally in light of things. But that doesn't mean it is acceptable to go out head-hunting.

As for ambiguous- not sure to what you refer- but OK- that's your opinion......

I am looking forward to watching the game Saturday- it should be good- regardless of the outcome.... will be a spirited game with both teams out to win to prove they are the better team.

I'm not smokin' anything- just presenting a few thoughts. The 12-15 game sis to send the message that a coach will not be allowed to do this.

And I did come to a Sabres board to see how the Sabs fans were responding- actually quite well for the most. Most are responding emotionally- but rationally in light of things. But that doesn't mean it is acceptable to go out head-hunting.

As for ambiguous- not sure to what you refer- but OK- that's your opinion......

I am looking forward to watching the game Saturday- it should be good- regardless of the outcome.... will be a spirited game with both teams out to win to prove they are the better team.

Is this really Colin Campbell??

LET'S SEE SOME MCGRATTAN CHICKLETS ON THE ICE TOMORROW!!!! ("emotionally speaking," of course)

Yes, and how many games will ANY Sens players miss? Come back whining and cyring when THAT happens.

Your team got their kicked by a team half-comprised of AHL'ers for the entire game AND with half a bench for half the game. Not to mention blatantly biased officiating. Be happy you escaped with a point and no players of yours got injured. You might not be so lucky tomorrow night, especially if Murray is retarded enough to try and get something started with McGrattan. I look for Peters to break his face again should that happen.

Look guys- I really am not a Sens fan....... proudly a St. Louis Blues fan.... I know I know- they really are bad again this year..... but anyway-

Not sure I see any Sens players deserving a suspension....... but anyway-

emotion is part of it- but ya know- as a total outsider to this- I can look with little emotion and maybe- just maybe evaluate things somewhat clearer than either side.....

OK- your turn!

Look guys- I really am not a Sens fan....... proudly a St. Louis Blues fan.... I know I know- they really are bad again this year..... but anyway-

Not sure I see any Sens players deserving a suspension....... but anyway-

emotion is part of it- but ya know- as a total outsider to this- I can look with little emotion and maybe- just maybe evaluate things somewhat clearer than either side.....

OK- your turn!

It should be recognized that Neil was headhunting. He came across the ice just to smack our star Captain.

Neil should at least get a fine for a late hit. And it seems to me that Murray may have sent him out there to hit Drury to effect a momentum swing after Vanek's 40 seconds of 2-goal glory. Headhunting.

So wait, you're saying that a cheap-shot to a classy, star player like Drury is acceptable, but the Sabres trying to goon it up and making it known BEFOREHAND that that's what they were trying to do, isn't? And again, whose player got injured and will miss time?

Stick to watching the Blues, bud.

Neil was not head hunter- he delivered a poorly timed aggressive hit- cheap but not illegal- not a headhunting hit........ no fine -

As for Murray sending him out to hit- sure a check- aggressive- but to headhuint- no- that isn't supported in any way on htis play.

Yeah, Murray would never do that. Just check the "Bryan Murray=Hypocrite" thread. :rolleyes:

And my ass he wasn't headhunting. You could see him sizing-up Drury all the way and then raising his should in the follow-through.

I'm expecting to see Peters take-out Neil tomorrow night. Then McGrattan.

Several cross checks after the faceoff- all from the Buffagoons

Well, you're entire post was garbage, but I think it's funny that you try to point this out, since the video at the end of this article shows clearly that the first cross check of the "event" comes from the one and only Dany Heatley on Patrick Kaleta before the face-off even occurs.

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10191

Unbiased my ass.

One point that hasn't been discussed about this whole incident that happens to make me angry enough to bugger a radioactive porcupine is how the officials didn't see the hit. If a penalty had been called on Neil for the not-dirty, possibly-late, definitely-unneccesary hit on Drury, this melee may not have occurred. But, how can they call a penalty if the officials never saw it? I feel just as bad as everyone else that we lost such a classy player (and leading goal scorer) indefinitely but this isn't the first time I've heard of officials missing something during the game. In short, I think the officiating is terribly lacking and getting progressively worse each year. And I'm not talking about the missed tripping calls or nit-picky obstruction holds and such. I mean the injury-laden ones like the missed slash or borderline boarding calls. That #%^$#! has got to stop.

Get well soon, Drury! :worthy:

One point that hasn't been discussed about this whole incident that happens to make me angry enough to bugger a radioactive porcupine is how the officials didn't see the hit. If a penalty had been called on Neil for the not-dirty, possibly-late, definitely-unneccesary hit on Drury, this melee may not have occurred. But, how can they call a penalty if the officials never saw it? I feel just as bad as everyone else that we lost such a classy player (and leading goal scorer) indefinitely but this isn't the first time I've heard of officials missing something during the game. In short, I think the officiating is terribly lacking and getting progressively worse each year. And I'm not talking about the missed tripping calls or nit-picky obstruction holds and such. I mean the injury-laden ones like the missed slash or borderline boarding calls. That #%^$#! has got to stop.

Get well soon, Drury! :worthy:

Well, in this case, I can't really blame them for not seeing the hit, see how late it was. I just think it's funny that they can't use a little judgement here and say something like this to themselves:

"Well, when I was looking at Drury, he no longer had the puck so I looked away, now I look back and he's laying face down on the ice bleeding, maybe I should use some logic here and deduce that he was hit late. As an NHL ref, am I allowed to use logic? I'm not sure...."

After seeing the replay again, Neil definitely cheap-shotted him with a shoulder and followed-through. I liked how he pussed-out by pulling Stafford's jersey over his face, after Stafford bull-dogged him.

And yep, Heatley pushes Kaleta first. Good thing for Kaleta there wasn't a car involved.

After seeing the replay again, Neil definitely cheap-shotted him with a shoulder and followed-through. I liked how he pussed-out by pulling Stafford's jersey over his face, after Stafford bull-dogged him.

And yep, Heatley pushes Kaleta first. Good thing for Kaleta there wasn't a car involved.

I'm glad you watched the video. I think it's funny that many Ottawa Fans, many in the media, and even some on this board are trying to say that the hit was clean because it came from the front when from the video is very clear that even though contact was initiated from the side, Neil clearly swooped in from behind after Drury had let up on his skating. Neil was behind Drury right up until the instant of impact, thus making it a rather dirty and cowardly hit. Also note that Drury's head was clearly "up."

Wraith- look at the video closely- I think that before heatley crosschecked- he was somewhat speared by the Sabres player- who also cut across his path in an attempt to instigate- sorry- but both teams failed to play with sportsmanship.

And yes- unbiased.......

And also- yes the officiating is terrible throughout the NHL.... and declining....

Wraith- look at the video closely- I think that before heatley crosschecked- he was somewhat speared by the Sabres player- who also cut across his path in an attempt to instigate- sorry- but both teams failed to play with sportsmanship.

And yes- unbiased.......

And also- yes the officiating is terrible throughout the NHL.... and declining....

There's no spear there. Kaleta had the blade facing away from Heatley with his other hand on the butt of the stick. He also went directly from the bench to his location for the face-off. I'm sure words were exchanged, but Heatley definitively initiates contact with the initial cross-check.

Archived