Belfour?!?

\GoBillsInDallas/

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...be-63f7046aafef

'The latest speculation has Belfour (and possibly injured right-winger Todd Bertuzzi) going to the Buffalo Sabres in a swap for fellow goaltender Martin Biron, who is currently backing up Ryan Miller in Buffalo.'

This was brought up in another thread. It can't happen unless the Sabres dump a bunch of players to make up for the cap hit of Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi by the way is not worth much more the Peters at this point.

Eklund reported this also 2 days ago.... and no, the Ottawa Sun doesn't log onto hockeybuzz.com to get rumours, these people make a living off of hockey and they got many agents, coaches and players they talk to to gather up rumours from.

Something is brewing....

btw, i will find the link later, but there's also a rumour floating around from st louis (i think a blog page or radio i cant remember) that Kotalik is being thrown around for Brewer.... if we get Bert we won't need Kotalik! Its all making sense....

And then we can deal a prospect for like a Sean Hill and we'll have depth up the a$$!

Eklund reported this also 2 days ago.... and no, the Ottawa Sun doesn't log onto hockeybuzz.com to get rumours, these people make a living off of hockey and they got many agents, coaches and players they talk to to gather up rumours from.

Something is brewing....

btw, i will find the link later, but there's also a rumour floating around from st louis (i think a blog page or radio i cant remember) that Kotalik is being thrown around for Brewer.... if we get Bert we won't need Kotalik! Its all making sense....

And then we can deal a prospect for like a Sean Hill and we'll have depth up the a$$!

sounds great... but wont we be broke? these trades just dont seem to make sense financially. plus i thought regier said that he wasnt ready to make any big moves to disrupt the team play. I was thinking more along the lines of a defense upgrade like brewer and not something blockbuster like the biron and somone on the roster for belfour and bertuzzi. btw wasnt kotalik mentioned in the belfour/bertuzzi trade. correct me if im wrong but i dont think we can trade Kotalik to two different teams. :doh:

Bertuzzi is a locker room divider. Won't happen. And Belfour? Please.

He's not all about himself, is he??

I think Bert could be effective but I can't see the Sabres ruining the harmonious locker room they seem to have.

And Belfour sucks.

Ya very true,he is washed up,so whats the point. We need experience on this team,but not like this. NEXT!!

I am not opposed to a Biron for Belfour trade. Trading Biron would free up a LOT of cap space, especially if Belfour is the return. Besides, the only reason everyone wants to keep Marty around is for an insurance policy in case Ryan gets hurt. Marty has a playoff record of 0-0. and IMHO he is suspect in clutch situations. Belfour has shown he can get it done in the playoffs. Yes he's old, but he has played fine this year. I think it's a good move to bring him in as a back up. He can give Ryan some nights off in the stretch run and be ready to go if needed if there is an injury.

The key word is backup. IMHO Belfour is too old to start consistently, but in this case I think the reward of additional cap space is greater than the risk.

However, I wouldn't want Bertuzzi.

Archived