Sabres promotional font

Crestwood

As a font and graphic design aficionado, I'm ashamed I have to ask for help on this one but hopefully one of you can help me. What the hell is the name of the font the Sabres use on their promotional items, tickets, website, etc.? I have tried to figure this out everywhere but I finally just have to cave in and ask. Any help is appreciated, but please, do not think less of me. :D

I am not really sure which font you are referring to. Looking at the website, it looks like a normal font on all the text. If you are referring to the type used in the words "Buffalo Sabres" under the leaping logo, that is not a font. It is a wordmark logo and likely does not have a complete set. However, I do know that is a heavily modified version of Bank Gothic.

If you need the font used for the player names on jerseys (this season's or last season's) as well as the jersey numbers, I can direct you to that.

Otherwise, as I said, I am not sure which font you are looking for. Post a link to the page on the site where you see it or make a screen capture, circle it and post it here for me to look at.

Apologies for not being more specific. I posted without even looking at the Sabres site, which, alas, doesn't seem to have it anywhere. Anywhere, here's a cover of the Buffalo magazine ArtVoice which uses the font on its cover (in the main headline "NO DEAL"). Thanks, SW!

Oh, and SDS, I'm sorry I disappointed you. :thumbdown: to me. Although it could be worse: I could be a big Peters and Kalinin fan.

:D

Apologies for not being more specific. I posted without even looking at the Sabres site, which, alas, doesn't seem to have it anywhere. Anywhere, here's a cover of the Buffalo magazine ArtVoice which uses the font on its cover (in the main headline "NO DEAL"). Thanks, SW!

The best I could find is it looks like a form of Bernhard Gothic. It may have been modified sligthly to narrow it. Sorry I couldn't find the font as it is shown, but I looked through several hundred fonts to see if I could find it for you.

Archived