Lindy Interview w/espn.com

gilbert1175

This is from an interview with espn.com - with all the talk about what the Sabres need, here's Lindy's public and not very groundbreaking thoughts on the matter, but thought I'd post it...

Q: If you're sitting down for lunch with Sabres GM Darcy Regier before the trade deadline, what would you ask him to do?

A: We're a young team. So, maybe adding a veteran player who has won a Cup before [and] can help in the room, too. We have only one player, [Chris] Drury, who has won a Cup. So any time you can bring someone in with that type of experience, who has gone through it, is a valuable asset. I know it's not easy to find, though.

There's some other good stuff in there about his playing days, a cage match with Hitch and which player reminds him of himself...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...avid&id=2758647

Best line ...

Q: Thirteen percent also picked you to win a WWE cage match featuring all of the NHL's current coaches, but 29 percent picked Ken Hitchcock.

A: [Laughs] I think the players were thinking about the damage Hitch could do coming off the top rope.

:w00t:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:worthy:

Best line ...

Q: Thirteen percent also picked you to win a WWE cage match featuring all of the NHL's current coaches, but 29 percent picked Ken Hitchcock.

A: [Laughs] I think the players were thinking about the damage Hitch could do coming off the top rope.

Hehe, I just laughed out loud, and I'm at a library right now. :blush:

Archived