This is why I am glad Lindy is the coach

Bmwolf21

Ruff shouldered some of the blame for Miller's weariness. Ruff coached the Eastern Conference squad and was aware of the burdens placed on the players.

Goaltenders would seem even more susceptible to having their delicate routines thrown out of whack. In fact, Miller wasn't alone in his All-Star hangover. The six honored goalies combined won two of their next nine games entering Monday.

"To go through the week he went through with the All-Star and come out of that and play a couple games, maybe my decision to play him both games . . . I may look back on that as a decision I'd like to have back," Ruff said. "I'm going to get his game back to where it needs to be, and I think practice for two or three days is a good place for him to be."

(Read the rest here)

I'm glad that he is willing to not only call his own players out when necessary, but that he is also willing to admit his own mistakes and work to correct them.

I also had no idea that the ASG goalies had struggled so much after the break - winning just 2 of 9 games going into Monday? Not surprising, but more surprising that more coaches didn't give their guys an extra day or two of rest...

I was actually ticked they didn't start Biron on Friday. I told my wife before the game Miller should get a rest for at least the Columbus game if not both. I thought it was a stupid move to start Miller after such a long week when all of your rituals and such are out of whack.

Archived