Sabres @ Thrashers Feb. 6th

DrDahlinstein

hi guys. usual poster at TwoBillsDrive, lifetime Sabres/Bills fan.

we have a group of friends that all ended up in atlanta over the years.

we got a group of 25 so far. we'll be sitting in section 408 in phillips arena.

we went with the $10 seats. thats right! $10 to watch the sabres! what a deal!

anyone else in ATL post here? going to the game? i know there is a big group going from Bills Backers ATL

anyone else?

anyone else in ATL post here? going to the game? i know there is a big group going from Bills Backers ATL

anyone else?

I watched part of ATL's game with Montreal last night. I think there were more empty seats than filled seats. What a joke!

yeah, that game shouldve had more people.

but its not that they dont have a huge fan base down here. im surprised at how many die-hard thrashers fans there are for a fairly new, southern team.

winter finally hit down here this week and it was raining and 35 degrees last night. so no one left their house. thats how it is down here.

but spring will come next week, i always hate the 5 days of winter we get.

B-) B-) B-)

I watched part of ATL's game with Montreal last night. I think there were more empty seats than filled seats. What a joke!

Was there too. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it was half full. Easy getting out of the deck after the game though. Widh I could go to the game on the 6th, but I have class. (missing a bunch of Sabres games :censored: Frakin' masters degree better be worth it.)

Oh...how the hell can the Thrashers get 45 shots on goal and look that horrible?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else?

Yup, I'll be there. Section 215. The Tickets are HALF OFF if you use code "blueland" on ticketmaster.com. I got $70 seats for $35 bucks. Going with a couple Thrasher's fans that I work with and a buddy of mine that's never been to an NHL game.

Edit: You know, I was just reading the Bills Backers of ATL site and I noticed you brought a lot of food down for an event... there's a restaurant on Johnson Ferry road in Marietta owned by a family from up in Buffalo. The place is called Gala's. They've got pizza, real wings, Friday fish fry, Beef on Weck, etc.... It's a take-out place. I drive past it on the way home from work and pick up a pizza and a couple dozen wings every now and then.

-Jeff

our whole group is meeting in midtown for a pregame party and viewing of the Rick Jeanneret Top Shelf DVD. We'll be taking MARTA right to the game and getting there early. well, early enough to be in our seats before the anthems.

Yup, I'll be there. Section 215. The Tickets are HALF OFF if you use code "blueland" on ticketmaster.com. I got $70 seats for $35 bucks. Going with a couple Thrasher's fans that I work with and a buddy of mine that's never been to an NHL game.

Edit: You know, I was just reading the Bills Backers of ATL site and I noticed you brought a lot of food down for an event... there's a restaurant on Johnson Ferry road in Marietta owned by a family from up in Buffalo. The place is called Gala's. They've got pizza, real wings, Friday fish fry, Beef on Weck, etc.... It's a take-out place. I drive past it on the way home from work and pick up a pizza and a couple dozen wings every now and then.

-Jeff

awesome! we'll be sure to check that place out. that tailgate party looked like fun on the website. i havent partied with those guys yet. we may join up with them this coming Bills season.

EDIT: jeff- i cant seem to find a listing for Gala's. if you have a second would you mind posting any number or address you have? please and thank you.

our whole group is meeting in midtown for a pregame party and viewing of the Rick Jeanneret Top Shelf DVD. We'll be taking MARTA right to the game and getting there early. well, early enough to be in our seats before the anthems.

awesome! we'll be sure to check that place out. that tailgate party looked like fun on the website. i havent partied with those guys yet. we may join up with them this coming Bills season.

EDIT: jeff- i cant seem to find a listing for Gala's. if you have a second would you mind posting any number or address you have? please and thank you.

Sure! I just realized the name of the place has two L's in it... whoops! Regardless:

Galla's Pizza, Wings, and Subs

2986 Johnson Ferry Road (near Wal-Mart)

Marietta, GA 30062

770-642-0777

They've got pictures of the city and whatnot when you walk in to pick stuff up. Wings, Fingers, Weck, Sausage Parm Subs, Friday Fish Fry, Pizza.... They even cut it into squares as opposed to slices.

-Jeff

Jeff- most excellent! thanks a lot. i will definitely check that out.

Buff- at my friend's place, right near the Midtown station/Piedmont Park. ill get more details for you if you think youre going to be around. im pretty sure everyone is planning on getting out of work and getting to the house early (around 4:30), then we're gonna head down to the arena for some more pregaming around 5:30 or so...

where you at? whats your plan? who are you?

my email is my screenname @gmail.com if you want to send some info back and forth

Kev, you gonna make it to the March 18th game?

Unfortunately no. I'm in the last semester of getting my Master's degree from UGA and have a Finance class Tuesday nights. Normally, I'd skip but for some reason I got all the ball-busters in my last semester.

I think it's streaming on Yahoo though and the school has wireless. :D

you know you can hear Jeanneret call all the games thru wgr's website, right?

all you need is an email address to sign up.

its the only thing that has kept us going down here this season... :)

Well, that and my Center Ice subscription! :beer:

Archived