LA needs goaltending help

rickshaw

While I agree in the offseason Darcy would do well to get a draft pick for Marty, I think he could get a legit player for him from a team like LA if they are desperate during the season. While I also agree that ...

Well, if he waits til the offseason, Darcy gets nothing since Marty is a UFA this offseason and chances are he will not take an offer to be a backup

although I don't think a trade will happen (with anyone, Darcy will do his usually and and stand pat at the deadline with what he has), a Biron for Avery deal is something to think about. Avery has a reputation for being a problem player (in the past atleast, haven't heard much of him from this season though) I think a good deal would be something like Biron and a forward like kotalik for Avery and one of LA's injured goalies. The only problem with that deal would be that Miller will have to stay healthy until the goalie from LA is healthy again and we'd be stuck with a very inexperienced backup for now. It frees up some cap space with Kotalik gone for when Timmy returns. It gives us a little cap relief for future acquisitions and injuries and Buffalo gets a little tougher.

If a deal like this happens, I call dibs on the seats next to Avery's girlfriend (Elisha Cuthbert) at the arena :nana:

On a somewhat unrelated note, on TSN during the Chicago game, they were talking during intermition and one of the commentators said if they were going to trade someone, it should be Max because he did not do well in the playoffs last year and another team will pay big for him because he will make highlight real plays

Archived