OT: Darien Lake among parks sold today by Six Flags

JujuFish

I'm not sure if Magic Mountain out here is still up for sale. I heard that if they didn't find another operator they were considering selling it to developers and having it mowed over for houses. Glad to see Darien Lakes has a new owner and disappear. Otherwise, wouldn't it just be Canada's Wonderland that is the only other alternative?

Glad to see Darien Lakes has a new owner and disappear. Otherwise, wouldn't it just be Canada's Wonderland that is the only other alternative?

How about Martin's Fantasy Island?

Fun? Wow! ;)

It's actually a great place for younger kids. The kiddie rides can't be beat! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if Magic Mountain out here is still up for sale. I heard that if they didn't find another operator they were considering selling it to developers and having it mowed over for houses. Glad to see Darien Lakes has a new owner and disappear. Otherwise, wouldn't it just be Canada's Wonderland that is the only other alternative?

Looks like Magic Mountain (aka Wally World) will live for now:

"Two Six Flags parks -- Magic Mountain and the adjacent Hurricane Harbor water park in Valencia, Calif., -- are not part of the transaction and will be fully operational and open for business in 2007 and beyond."

I loved Darien Lake as a kid, especially when they used to have a Cinema 180!

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/buffalo/sto...08/daily29.html

Interesting bit of news. Apparently, Six Flags has been trying to sell it for a while now. Since I'm hardly in the area anymore, I never knew about it.

Hopefully PARC will help improve the amusement park. I used to go there every summer as a kid.

I had a feeling that Darien Lake would be put up for sale. I haven't been there in almost 10 years. We'll see how things go.

How about Martin's Fantasy Island?

Fun? Wow! ;)

It's actually a great place for younger kids. The kiddie rides can't be beat! :thumbsup:

Martin's Fantasy Island is the bomb...At least in my memory from being there as a kid, it is...they had the best water slides and I also liked the antique cars. :thumbsup:

They also had the shootouts in the 60's with the bad guys falling off the roofsafter being shot. One of my neighbors was a bad guy one summer. And I remember Tarzan Zerbini and his lions.

I was at Fantasy Island this past summer and they still have a show like that. We didn't stick around to see it (due to being roasted alive by the sun), so I'm not sure if guys still fall from the roof.

Archived