Let's completely monopolize the EC All-Stars

Crestwood

Disclaimer: Don't worry, I realize this is unrealistic.

I was watching NHL "plays of the week" last week on YouTube and had to listen to other teams' and networks' broadcasters who displayed almost no passion for the game, even when their teams scored (some even mentioned the goal in passing, like it was secondary to the story they were telling). It made me realize how fortunate we Sabres fans are to have a guy like Rick Jeanneret, who expresses the same enthusiasm for our team whether it's an early-season game against the Blues or Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Listening to Rick Jeanneret is like watching Bob Ross with a fresh, white canvas, some brushes and some paint. He is simply a magician. Bias admitted, he is the best in the business.

The Buffalo Sabres are providing three starters, (likely) two backup forwards, the equipment manager and the head coach for the Eastern Conference All-Star team. Since we've got most of the basics covered, why not get our man RJ in the broadcast booth instead of these morons Versus employs? (Nothing against Doc Emerick; great guy, just way too clever with his wording. But everything against Joe Beninati. I can't stand that guy.)

Obviously Versus would have a problem with this, but I can dream, can't I? :thumbsup:

I think Rick gets strikes against him because he is so passionate, and because he insists on doing little things like actually telling us what the hell is going on in the game, rather than wistfully narrating some BS story in the middle of a powerplay...

(Nothing against Doc Emerick; great guy, just way too clever with his wording. But everything against Joe Beninati. I can't stand that guy.)

I feel exactly opposite of that. I cannot tolerate Emerick. What I cannot stand from either is the making up of terms during play-by-play. For example: the "cage" rather than the net; so-and-so "cancels" so-and -so; etc, et al, ad nauseum...

Archived