The Sedin Twins in Buffalo - Enjoy

rickshaw

As I live in Kelowna BC, a 5 hour drive from Vancouver, I obviously see the Canucks on TV the most (except for the Leafs - god forbid we don't get Leafs games here in the West ugh).

For those of you going to the game against Vancouver or just watching it on TV, pay close attention to the Sedins. They are simply turning into star players more and more each game.

They took a little while to get going in their career but they are steadily on the rise now. The twins are uncanny with the puck and always seem to know where each other are. Their cycling of the puck is second to none. I was watching Drury and Gaustad and Kotalik cycle against Toronto last night and couldn't help think of how inferior they looked compared to the twins, in terms of cycling.

They are very difficult to knock off the puck. They can cycle for a short time or a long time. The result is usually a good effort on goal.

They work the give and go. They can pass in very tight quarters. They also have the slap pass play set up where one will have the puck on the wall, switch with the other, one goes to the slot, the other makes a slap pass to him and it's on net.

I know you guys don't get to see the "other" teams in the NHL very much anymore, so enjoy this contest and the twins' progression. They truly are fun to watch. A far cry from their earlier days when they used to bumble around and cycle forever and not get anywhere. They are the main men in Vancouver and are the franchise players. Markus Naslund hasn't scored in 16 games and is missing his big boy Bertuzzi.

Having said all that. I hope for a Buffalo win in OT, so both teams get points. Hopefully the two don't meet in the Finals. If so, sorry Canucks. It's go Buffalo all the way.

Interesting fact: Since the two expansion cousins came into the NHL, they're head to head record alltime is............

Buffalo 39 wins 38 losses 19 ties

Vancouver 38 wins 39 losses 19 ties

I had a whale of a time finding out their head to head records against each other. I may be off slightly but I do recall them saying they were 1 win apart when then last met. Regardless these two cousins are basically dead even head to head since they entered the league.

According to the Sabres media guide, which you can view or print at sabres.com, the Sabres' all time record against the Canucks is 42-44-19. It's not clear if that includes playoff games. I don't think it does. The Sabres are 6-1 in the postseason against the Canucks. Here's a cool stat: in the teams' 105 regular-season (I presume) meetings, each team has scored 349 goals.

Thanks. I couldn't find that when I was searching. I knew they were very close in wins/losses and thought it was in the 40's, but my point remains the same. These cousins play each other very tight, especially counting they have the same amount of goals against each other. Unreal.

Funny, if we'd won that game last year, we'd have identical records and identical goals for and against. Eeeeeeeeeeeerie.

Archived