Looking at the Conference Standings

wjag

1. Remember when Minnesota and Buffalo were the two last unbeaten teams? Minnesota is now the number 8 seed in the conference standings. That's and impressive slide.

2. Unless they get really hot, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Tampa, NY Islanders and Pittsburgh are all going to be fighting for that 8 hole in the Eastern Conference.

3. Canadian teams are responsible for six of the nine Sabres regulation losses (heard during last night's CBC broadcast).

4. Worst Home Teams (Philly 3, Saint Louis 8, Columbus 9)

5. Worst Away Teams (Minnesota 4, Calgary 5, Saint Louis, 5, Los Angeles 5, Florida 5, Edmonton 6)

6. Best Home Teams (Minnesota 17, Calgary 16, Anaheim 15, San Hose 15

7. Best Away Teams (Buffalo 16, Nashville 15, Anahein 13, San Jose 13)

8. Most OT Losses (Florida 8, Saint Louis 7)

9. Most Regulation Losses (Philly 26)

10. Fewest Goals For (Saint Louis 96); Fewest Goals Against (Detroit 98); Most Goals For (Buffalo 164); Most Goals Against (Los Angeles 154)

If I may add a couple.

The Sabres have 121 even strength goals which is more than 13 teams have totaled for the year.

If the NHL changed the playoffs to a 1-16 seeding? There would be some great first round matchups at this point.

Buffalo Vs Colorado

Nashville Vs Ottawa

Detriot Vs Carolina

Dallas Vs New York

The others would be

New Jersey Vs Montreal

Atlanta Vs Vancouver

San Jose Vs Calgary

Anaheim Vs Minnesota

I know the travel costs would be too great but those are first round matchups I would love to watch. :thumbsup:

Archived