Sens get Comrie

Kevbeau

Comrie is nothing. He makes way too much $. He is as soft as they come when the going gets tough. The Cup won't be coming to Ottawa with this move.

I disagree. I've always liked Comrie, he's a good player. He's a little guy in the same mold as Briere. Not as good as Briere mind you, but he does have skills. A pretty darn good pickup by the Sens here

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190679&hubname=

Damn. Good pickup for the Sens and pretty much gave away nothing.

They gave up a very good prospect. In the long term, they gave up too much for Comrie, but they needed some short term help and Comrie will help them, he's quick, goes into the boards and plays well in his own end.

Phenoix had no use for him this year but that kid will be a solid #2 center for Phenoix in a few years when Mueller is on their top line.

They gave up a very good prospect. In the long term, they gave up too much for Comrie, but they needed some short term help and Comrie will help them, he's quick, goes into the boards and plays well in his own end.

Phenoix had no use for him this year but that kid will be a solid #2 center for Phenoix in a few years when Mueller is on their top line.

We'll see. Comrie's only 3 years older than Kaigorodov.

Of course, Muckler f-ed the whole Kaigorodov situation up this past summer. He hyped Kaigorodov up so much as to say that he would be a fixture this season on the team. The only problem was that Kaigorodov wasn't that good, and when Muckler sent him down to the minors, it created bad blood between Muckler and him.

"Comrie scored 30 goals last year for the Phoenix Coyotes, but made it clear to Coyotes management he would be testing the free agent market this summer"

That is the biggest part of it in my opinion. Right now it looks like Phoenix got ripped off, but since Comrie is a UFA at the end of the year, they actually got a bargain. Phoenix is probably not going to make the playoffs so why not get rid of a player they were most likely going to lose for nothing. Plus it is too early to tell whether Kaigorodov is going to be good or not. I think it's a fair trade, Sens shore up their Centers and Phoenix unloads a player who they would have lost anyway and gets a prospect in return

I disagree with all of you. I live in the West and see Comrie a lot. He's soft, disappears for long stretches, scores goals when they mean nothing. Ottawa can have him. I'm just glad the Canucks didn't go after him. The only way he's useful is by trading a guy on the books for a few more years, just so you can lose Comrie to FA in the summer.

And besides, he wears a number that only one player in the NHL should have gotten to wear! #89 is reserved!

Archived