Pics of open practice yesterday

cdexchange

We went to the open skate yesterday morning, and it was EXTREMELY worth going. We got right up to the glass and it was amazing being that close to the players. They were skating by and just hanging out like 2 feet in front of us. We were in the corner on Miller's end so we saw some amazing saves up close. Every once in a while one of the guys would purposely blast a puck at the glass right in front of our faces and then smile just to mess with us. Pomminstein came up and lightly lifted a puck over the glass with his stick and some little kids next to us caught it. It was really cool.

It was tough to get good pictures through the glass, especially when the players moving, but my wife managed to snap a few decent ones: http://www.thecdexchange.com/pics/sabres/s...e_12_28_06.html

We went to the open skate yesterday morning, and it was EXTREMELY worth going. We got right up to the glass and it was amazing being that close to the players. They were skating by and just hanging out like 2 feet in front of us. We were in the corner on Miller's end so we saw some amazing saves up close. Every once in a while one of the guys would purposely blast a puck at the glass right in front of our faces and then smile just to mess with us. Pomminstein came up and lightly lifted a puck over the glass with his stick and some little kids next to us caught it. It was really cool.

It was tough to get good pictures through the glass, especially when the players moving, but my wife managed to snap a few decent ones: http://www.thecdexchange.com/pics/sabres/s...e_12_28_06.html

Good for you! I've been a big proponent of this since I went last season.

What's the story on Paetsch's chute? I'd expect to see Max with one... :)

I can only guess that it was a conditioning thing. He looked VERY winded after skating around for a couple minutes strapped to that thing. Once he takes it off he probably feels twice as fast as normal!

Since he was scratched last night, I guess he put in alot more time working on conditioning, not having to worry about tiring himself out before the game.

In any case, it looked pretty damn funny :lol:

Archived