Stu Barnes

Hawk

Say aroung the trading deadline would STUUU!! be a rental player that the Sabres, could pick up? He's having a great year, but his cap number on the Stars may be his ticket out?? He is still a fan favorite around here, and many fans were pissed off when he was traded away, or released whatever way that went.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/players/744/

Say aroung the trading deadline would STUUU!! be a rental player that the Sabres, could pick up? He's having a great year, but his cap number on the Stars may be his ticket out?? He is still a fan favorite around here, and many fans were pissed off when he was traded away, or released whatever way that went.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/players/744/

i would hope so..i loved stu..can never have enough veteran leadership...but it would be a strickly rent a player status imo simply because of the depth we have at forward..and especially at center..and it would be nice insurance for briere

Stu was one of my favorite Sabres of all time but like mentioned, we need help on the blueline. Unless Briere is out for the year, I can't see the Sabres going out for any forward.

agreed... defense is clearly what we need most... we can't afford to just add more scoring... first defense is addressed... or hey do both in one deal... ya never know... darcy could be motivated to pull off something big... but i think not.

count me among those who loved stu, and i am pissed that he's gone...but briere's injury notwithstanding, we need defense worse. the thing is, darcy better be careful who he throws in to sweeten a deal, because we're about 2 forwards away from being back to not able score at all. i'd say florida proved that.

Just to play Satan's advocate... if you have a budding star goalie who can stand on his head, maybe you address offensive needs instead. I bet scoring is going to be our undoing this season before defense/goaltending is. In other words, maybe the best defense is a good offense. Discuss...

Just to play Satan's advocate... if you have a budding star goalie who can stand on his head, maybe you address offensive needs instead. I bet scoring is going to be our undoing this season before defense/goaltending is. In other words, maybe the best defense is a good offense. Discuss...

Why would Dallas give up Barnes anyway? They're #5 in the West. The Stars focus is the same as the Sabres. Buffalo has nothing they need. Or at least nothing the Sabres could afford to give up.

interesting... very deep and i love the ending haha :lol: seriously though... good point.

Archived