Last Night: Screwed by Tivo/NHL Center Ice

BayAreaSabresFan

Did anyone else have this happen last night? I have my Tivo set to record all Sabres games off NHL Center Ice. Usually, the games are scheduled for 6 hour blocks and thus I have not reason to adjust the recording settings (i.e., record for longer than the scheduled time). For some unknown reason, last night's game was only scheduled on Center Ice for 2.5 hours, Tivo stopped recording after 2.5 hours (2:30 left in the 3rd) and I missed goals 6 and 7. Living on the west coast, I usually don't get to watch the recording until later (about 10 or 11 est) into the night so I had to get the final score off the web....could not belive that we scored twice in the last few minutes. I know there are ways to address this but what a game to have the Tivo recording stop! I bet the crowd was going crazy at the end!

Man, were the Leaf fans crazy at the start? I thought there were less tickets available for sale to these guys. You would never know it last night.

b

Did anyone else have this happen last night? I have my Tivo set to record all Sabres games off NHL Center Ice. Usually, the games are scheduled for 6 hour blocks and thus I have not reason to adjust the recording settings (i.e., record for longer than the scheduled time). For some unknown reason, last night's game was only scheduled on Center Ice for 2.5 hours, Tivo stopped recording after 2.5 hours (2:30 left in the 3rd) and I missed goals 6 and 7. Living on the west coast, I usually don't get to watch the recording until later (about 10 or 11 est) into the night so I had to get the final score off the web....could not belive that we scored twice in the last few minutes. I know there are ways to address this but what a game to have the Tivo recording stop! I bet the crowd was going crazy at the end!

Man, were the Leaf fans crazy at the start? I thought there were less tickets available for sale to these guys. You would never know it last night.

b

I always start watching late, so I can skip commercials, intermissions, and all the other stoppages in play. However, last night I caught up with the broadcast with 8 minutes to go. At the 3:30 mark - it stopped recording and the picture went away. I said to myself - there are a whole lot of pissed off people right now... Luckily I was watching live and switched to the live feed. You missed a great last couple of minutes!

that was definitey an odd one last night. you are right PH that you can set it to record longer ( i usually do that for bills games b/c they usually go longer than the alloted three hours), but most games on CenterIce are in 6-hour blocks so you usually don't need to worry about it...

I don't know if it was a really full card or what last night, the reason the time was short was there was another game on the same center ice channel right after. I was watching live, while recording ... didn't even realize it got cut short till I went back to rewatch the end of the game today....

Archived