Same Old Hasek

inkman

I disagree, they are all good reasons to hate him...he basically put himself before the team, city and fans...Darcy should have called his bluff and let him retire.

Someone can correct me on this, but if I am reading the trade & draft history properly, the only plus from moving Dom is that the trade ended up bringing Jochen Hecht and Daniel Paille to Buffalo (through later deals)...

Rob, I can't imagine Drury or Briere leaving on the terms that Dom left on. IIRC, this is the recap- Dom demanded a trade in which he: demanded he be sent to someone with a legitimate Cup shot; demanded that the Sabres not take too much off his new team's roster, so as not to hurt their Cup chances; and all this while threatening retirement if he didn't get traded and/or the Sabres asked for too much in treturn.

Dom didn't just burn bridges on his way out of town, he nuked them...and for a lot of fans, no matter how much he continues to contribute through Hasek's Heroes, he'll still going to be hated for the way he rode out of town, giving a big F-U to the city. The final salt in the wound was his "retire as a Red Wing" comment, so I can understand why people still hold a grudge.

Agreed, I think the thing that burned me the most was the "retire as a Red Wing" comment. Some of those Red Wing teams could have won with an AHL goalie. It is fairly clear, we'll probably only get Briere or Drury back next year. Doesn't matter right now, this season is going too well as it is and I think it's best we push this topic down the road.

Archived