If you would have asked me to bet I would have lost...

deluca67

I hate to say this, but "Don't believe the hype."

Forsberg is charismatic in his persona, but Brendan Shanahan just notched his 600th the other night. I'd say Shanny's going to the HHOF before Forsberg by a Secratariat furlong.

That number does seem low, but he has always been more of a playmaker than a scorer. 581 assists in the equivalent of a little over 6 1/2 seasons is a pretty good job distributing the puck. It also helps when you have guys like Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay and Drury to finish your passes...

EDIT: Forsberg has also missed a lot of time to injuries - this is his 11th year in the league and he has played less than half of his team's games three times.

I hate to say this, but "Don't believe the hype."

Forsberg is charismatic in his persona, but Brendan Shanahan just notched his 600th the other night. I'd say Shanny's going to the HHOF before Forsberg by a Secratariat furlong.

Forsberg vs. Shanahan? Now that's a debate. I'm not sure where I fall on this. They both have Cups and the numbers. They are both huge leaders. Shanahan is tough but Forsberg is mean. I'm not sure if I could choose one. :huh:

Peter Forsberg has nothing to do with hype. He was an amazing player that got hit with the injury bug.

I'll second that.

If he could have stayed healthier, there would be no debate in my mind. He could score, he could set up plays, he could hit, he was mean - his body couldn't handle his style of play. Ankle surgery, foot surgery, an emergency spleen surgery...

I was a huge Forsberg fan when he was with the Avs, and when he signed with the Flyers, it just killed me. I was furious and depressed at the same time. For me, the only way it could have been worse would have been if he had signed with the Leafs...

Archived