Who's Michele Strazzabosco?

Barnabov

Guess I have too much time on my hands(actually I'm just slacking), but I was comparing the story about 30 players left on the roster to the Training Camp Roster posted on sabres.com - came up with only 29 names until I compared preseason stats & saw the name of this guy who'd played in a game but wasn't on the roster.

All I see from NHL Yahoo is that he was born in Italy so I'm guessing he's just an invitee.

Not that it matters much but anyone know his status? Will he get signed maybe & sent to Ra Cha Cha or head back to Europe.

Anyway, that leaves us with 18 forwards, 12 D & 2 goalies. Guessing they'll need to cut 4 to 5 more Forwards to get to 13/14, and 4 to 5 Defenseman to get to 7 or 8. I think they're done at the Goalie position (ha ha ha) unless they pick up someone off waivers & trade Biron (I hope not) - Sean Burke looked interesting except for his high price & that he sucked last year.

I guess the above doesn't factor in Tim being on IR (he counts towards the 30 unless I'm not seeing another Euro invitee), so maybe they only need to cut 3 or 4 Forwards depending on whether it'll be a 22 or 23 man roster & whether we carry 7 or 8 D (I think it should be 7 counting Paetsch - anymore like Jillson would be a waste of salary).

Archived