Anyone going to try to get tickets to 10/4 in raleigh?

Corp000085

FYI- The opener is SOLD OUT even before tickets go on sale to the general public (September 16th). Season ticket holders were given first crack at the tickets and we were able to purchase 4 extra seats per account. You might be pleased to know that I was able to score an extra pair from a friend and that all six of us will be there in our Sabres gear. We'll also be armed with salt shakers in case any of those slugs fall off the jerseys and try to slime us.

I'll be switching my login name in the future (as soon as the Canes go on a losing streak - just kidding). Seriously, I'm more of a lurker but if I do post in the future it'll be "HockeyFan T"

Go Sabres!

Good luck this year.

FYI- The opener is SOLD OUT even before tickets go on sale to the general public (September 16th). Season ticket holders were given first crack at the tickets and we were able to purchase 4 extra seats per account. You might be pleased to know that I was able to score an extra pair from a friend and that all six of us will be there in our Sabres gear. We'll also be armed with salt shakers in case any of those slugs fall off the jerseys and try to slime us.

I'll be switching my login name in the future (as soon as the Canes go on a losing streak - just kidding). Seriously, I'm more of a lurker but if I do post in the future it'll be "HockeyFan T"

Go Sabres!

Good luck this year.

Be careful when you jump off the bandwagon. You don't want to hurt yourself.

And there folks is your average everyday Caniac. Unreal.

What a shame that you and Corp000085 are stuck in North Carolina. What an awful place to live, eh? I can see not rooting for the Tarheels, but your resistance to pulling for the Canes baffles me. I'd be curious to know how long you've been in the area and if you ever plan to move back to NY. If the Canes fans you come in contact with are anything like the Tarheel fans I do, it would make some sense to me. Most of the Canes fans I know are either new hockey fans or folks from Buffalo who will always put the Sabres first. We have over time come to appreciate our local team. We're proud of our city and the team that represents us.

After reading some of the archives (interesting stuff), I think I've figured it out. In the eyes of several members on the board, being a Sabres fan and a Canes fan living in Raleigh is like saying you root for both the Bills and the Dolphins while you're living in Florida or the Bills and Patriots while living in Boston. I don't think I could ever do that.

After reading some of the archives (interesting stuff), I think I've figured it out. In the eyes of several members on the board, being a Sabres fan and a Canes fan living in Raleigh is like saying you root for both the Bills and the Dolphins while you're living in Florida or the Bills and Patriots while living in Boston. I don't think I could ever do that.

If you are a fan of the Sabres, you cannot be a fan of the Canes. If after the series you just said "Oh well, go Canes," then you are not a very big Sabres fan.

My bro lives down in Raleigh, so I decided to grab Game 5 tickets with 8 others up in Buffalo and we made the trek down. The walk back to the car after the game was incredibly painful while getting bashed and jeered by the 'Canes fans. I'm a wounded man, I don't think I could take going down there for awhile with that still fresh in my mind.

Even if the Sabres win on the 4th you'll still get the canned reply of "yeah well we beat you for the Cup".

What a shame that you and Corp000085 are stuck in North Carolina. What an awful place to live, eh? I can see not rooting for the Tarheels, but your resistance to pulling for the Canes baffles me. I'd be curious to know how long you've been in the area and if you ever plan to move back to NY. If the Canes fans you come in contact with are anything like the Tarheel fans I do, it would make some sense to me. Most of the Canes fans I know are either new hockey fans or folks from Buffalo who will always put the Sabres first. We have over time come to appreciate our local team. We're proud of our city and the team that represents us.

I have lived here for five years.

No plans to move back to WNY.

I love living here.

With that said, I also have been a Sabres fan for 30 years and I won't bail on them unless they bail on me by folding or leaving Buffalo. If there was even a remote chance that I would ever feel any love for the Canes, it went out the window last year when all the fans like yourself came out of the woodwork in such numbers. I have said this many times, if it's so easy for you to switch your loyalty I'd argue you were never a true Sabres fan in the first place.

IWith that said, I also have been a Sabres fan for 30 years and I won't bail on them unless they bail on me by folding or leaving Buffalo. If there was even a remote chance that I would ever feel any love for the Canes, it went out the window last year when all the fans like yourself came out of the woodwork in such numbers. I have said this many times, if it's so easy for you to switch your loyalty I'd argue you were never a true Sabres fan in the first place.

If you are a fan of the Sabres, you cannot be a fan of the Canes. If after the series you just said "Oh well, go Canes," then you are not a very big Sabres fan.

I didn't realize we had such experts on who can be a true fan and who can't.

I used to pull for canes but after game 1 of the finals I got so pissed with the band wagon jumpers etc that it came to the point that I couldnt root for canes anymore. I have a canes sweater that I am thinking of wearing to opening night than tearing it to pieces in front of all those big canes fans.

I have been here for 25 years now I could NEVER EVER root for the Tarheels and Hate the fact that the Panthers are a blue color

I used to pull for canes but after game 1 of the finals I got so pissed with the band wagon jumpers etc that it came to the point that I couldnt root for canes anymore. I have a canes sweater that I am thinking of wearing to opening night than tearing it to pieces in front of all those big canes fans.

I have been here for 25 years now I could NEVER EVER root for the Tarheels and Hate the fact that the Panthers are a blue color

Good reply. I've been here for 15 years and remember dreaming of a local NFL or NHL team. I think you're more the norm in regards to Buffalo transplants.

I was sick losing to the Canes, so sick that I sold my tickets to Games 1 and 2 of the Finals. Not that I hated the team but a lot of stupid drunken idiots yelling insults on the way back to the car certainly kept me from saying, "Oh well, Go Canes!" There were a few classy fans who had good things to say about the Sabres and the series but it didn't make me feel much better. After about a week, I remembered that Carolina was my 2nd favorite team and that I pulled for them for them for 78 regular season games and 2 playoff rounds. It was awesome being there to see them win the cup (but deep down I wished it could've been the Sabres).

The fact that you hate that the Panthers have Carolina blue as one of their uniform colors makes me believe that you might root for the Panthers as well as the Bills. If so, good for you and don't let any "experts" tell you that it makes you less of a Bills fan.

I'm just busting your balls. You can be a fan of whomever you want to be. Now here's my personal story: born in buffalo in 1978, bills fan/sabres fan since 1978. My dad and mom were bills fans since 1960, sabres fans since 1970. Season ticket holder to both teams. I moved to fayetteville in 2003, and i'd never root for another NHL or NFL team over my dead body. The canes are obviously a big rival to the sabres, and the amerks are a big rival to the canes. Hopefully the sabres will show them that they stole something from them on the 4th. You can root for whatever you want, but it will be a cold day in hell before i root for any team other than the bills and sabres, and if you don't like that, get out of town!

I do respect that you're posting here though... We had a lot of though provoking posts by caniacs and senators fans last season, so we welcome you to the mix... Just don't ever pledge allegance to the loafs or flyers.

I'm just busting your balls. You can be a fan of whomever you want to be. Now here's my personal story: born in buffalo in 1978, bills fan/sabres fan since 1978. My dad and mom were bills fans since 1960, sabres fans since 1970. Season ticket holder to both teams. I moved to fayetteville in 2003, and i'd never root for another NHL or NFL team over my dead body. The canes are obviously a big rival to the sabres, and the amerks are a big rival to the canes. Hopefully the sabres will show them that they stole something from them on the 4th. You can root for whatever you want, but it will be a cold day in hell before i root for any team other than the bills and sabres, and if you don't like that, get out of town!

I do respect that you're posting here though... We had a lot of though provoking posts by caniacs and senators fans last season, so we welcome you to the mix... Just don't ever pledge allegance to the loafs or flyers.

Ever go to the Crown Coliseum when the Force were playing there. I couldn't stand the Canes at the time so I drove a little further for some truly entertaining hockey (scoring, hitting and fights). There was a couple that sat behind the goal. She would get up and dance in her aisle under a spotlight to "Cotton-eye Joe" and whenever the Force would score he'd get out of his seat and run all the way around the arena with his huge homemade flag followed by tons of kids who'd get up and run with him. He'd give them all high-fives once he completed his victory lap. That was so cool! I've been to a few FireAntz games but that couple apparantly are no longer there and the hockey doesn't seem as good as it was when the Force played there..

Archived