U Tube is the greatest...

mrjsbu96

I know this has been posted before but it just never gets old!

I was reading up on the Bills and in one of the TBD posts it linked to a version of Shout! And from there I ended up searching for Soupy's hit on Umberger and since it has been a while I thought somebody might enjoy as much as I did!

I think this is the best one out there b/c it gives coverage from every broadcast - enjoy!

yeah, that ranks right up there in a top 5 ever buffalo sabres moment. I believe i posted this before, but i was there, and it was in slo motion... you could just see umberger walking right into campbell. we were all pointing a full 3 strides BEFORE the hit. Surreal. That was a funny game too... We were absolutely dominating them, up 2-0 in the 3rd... they came back and forced OT. I believe that hit occured in the first OT. The winner wasn't scored till the 2nd OT, but right hten and there, everyone in that arena KNEW that game was over... Well, everyone except for RJ Umberger!

Campbell HIT:

I just watched it again.....just fantastic! Gave me goosebumps!

I vividly remember seeing Campbell moving into the TV frame and anticipating the

destruction 1.5 seconds b4 it happened.

Can't wait til we play Philly again in the playoffs!!!

Then I took a look at the Shields vs Snow fight....just great stuff!

I still think Campbell's hit on a Montreal Canadian player earlier in the year was his best hit. He sent the player into the boards and the player's whole body (skates included) hit plexiglass and he was parallel to the ice. Great freaking hit!

If you watch the Buffalo Sabres Relentless video on google video then the hit is at the 3:15 mark.

I still think Campbell's hit on a Montreal Canadian player earlier in the year was his best hit. He sent the player into the boards and the player's whole body (skates included) hit plexiglass and he was parallel to the ice. Great freaking hit!

If you watch the Buffalo Sabres Relentless video on google video then the hit is at the 3:15 mark.

that was a sweet hit, but it was a glancing blow. Eric, we're all entitled to our opinions, but there's no question that campbell's hit was probably one of the top 5 hits in the 100+ year history of the NHL, and by far the biggest hit in sabres history. When you get to rating hits like campbell's on umberger, you cease to rate them on the force, but on the permanent damage/injury/death that occurs.

that was a sweet hit, but it was a glancing blow. Eric, we're all entitled to our opinions, but there's no question that campbell's hit was probably one of the top 5 hits in the 100+ year history of the NHL, and by far the biggest hit in sabres history. When you get to rating hits like campbell's on umberger, you cease to rate them on the force, but on the permanent damage/injury/death that occurs.

The freaky thing is, no matter how hard the idiots in Philly try to paint us like a bunch of blood-thirsty psychos, I think most of us went nuts celebrating Campbell's train-tracks hit, but then realized that Umberger could be seriously hurt. Thank God he was OK, so we can still watch that knockout and enjoy every last second of it... :D

The freaky thing is, no matter how hard the idiots in Philly try to paint us like a bunch of blood-thirsty psychos, I think most of us went nuts celebrating Campbell's train-tracks hit, but then realized that Umberger could be seriously hurt. Thank God he was OK, so we can still watch that knockout and enjoy every last second of it...

True that. If Umberger was f'ed as in (major injured) that would not have been cool.

Oh was was f'ed by Campbell though!! LOL!

Understood, I think I like the Montreal hit because of the acrobatics and physics. I still can't figure out how the player ended up that high on the boards.

Now the Umberger hit was huge in the fact that it occurred in overtime of a playoff game and it changed the way Philly played the rest of the series. I was at that game (funny it was the only Sabres game I got to go to this year) and I didn't see the up close shots, until I got home in Ohio the next day. My wife DVR'd it for me and I gotta say the look on his face showed how serious it was.

Archived