Liking Other Teams

gregkash

I have rules for liking other teams in the NHL so as not to betray my fandom to the Sabres...

1.) Said team MUST be in the Western Conference.

2.) "Liking Team" is null and void when playing the Sabres, or when winning hurts the Sabres.

3.) Any Ex-Sabres on said team are traitors, even if it isn't their fault. But I'm happy, "Things are working out somewhere else".

4.) Should the Sabres be eliminated from the Playoffs, the team I want to win it all will come from the Western Conference. No Other Eastern Team should have the priviledge.

I also have rules for cheering for another Eastern team.

1.) They MUST be playing a game in which them winning is a positive for the Sabres. (I.E. Atlanta playing Ottawa).

2.) Under no circumstance shall their play be deemed "good", it was just "good enough to win, tonight."

3.) Should it be a meaningless game (Atlanta vs Florida for instance) team with the coolest uniform gets my support (in this case Atlanta, unless they're wearing some really ugly thing).

4.) While watching the game I will identify flaws in the play (of both sides) that I can mentally exploit when the Sabres play them (thus making it a scouting trip to watch a team).

I'll root for a good game, a monumental collapse, the underdog, or for the classy vet team if its not the sabres. However, i don't put any rooting interest in any team. Lets put it this way, i'm debating joining my friend's fantasy football league because its a conflict of interest to draft some clown from the bengals or steelers when i'm a bills fan.

I have rules for liking other teams in the NHL so as not to betray my fandom to the Sabres...

1.) Said team MUST be in the Western Conference.

Unlike you, for me, it's pretty much the exact opposite. I usually cannot cheer for a team in the Western Conference. This rule pretty much stands for all sports for me. My conference first and foremost, unless it's a rival in the championship.

Archived