Dumont isn't going to Montreal

hopeleslyobvious

I'd love to lock dumont in at $2.9-$3.5 million for TWO years, but his arbitration number was ridiculous. He's a very good player when he wants to be, however, he's off his game for long stretches. No smart team would take jp at $2.9/1 year. I hope that his options dry up at his asking price and he comes back here with his tail between his legs and a new pissed off attitude.

I for one will be very happy if he doesn't go to Montreal.

I wonder how PO'd he is at the NHLPA scheduling him so late for

arbitration. If he was day one or two he probably would have been

signed for a healthy pay rise.

Was it the PA or the league that chose his date and arbitrator? Not that it really matters, but it might not have been the union's choice? They choose 1/2 the dates and the league chooses the other 1/2.

Either way, I can't help but think back to the thread a few weeks back that implied JP was looking forward to being an UFA next year. Just goes to show, you've gotta be careful in what you wish for, 'cause you just might get it.

Was it the PA or the league that chose his date and arbitrator? Not that it really matters, but it might not have been the union's choice? They choose 1/2 the dates and the league chooses the other 1/2.

Either way, I can't help but think back to the thread a few weeks back that implied JP was looking forward to being an UFA next year. Just goes to show, you've gotta be careful in what you wish for, 'cause you just might get it.

If I remember correctly, the Union scheduled the arbitration dates. They scheduled Briere early because they thought he would drive the market - the strategy seemed to backfire somewhat for guys like JP because it all worked too well, the market was driven up and most coffers were dry.

Archived