Sabres an Influence in NHL 07

slapshot1619

NHL 06 was EA's first step back to being a great game, returning it to a fun, easier-to-play game than the last four or five years worth. I hope EA doesn't fug up their progress by adding a lot of new crap that no one cares about (see the Madden series.)

I am looking forward to seeing the Sabres as one of the better teams in the game, and seeing the updated roster & ratings for its players.

NHL 06 was the first EA hockey game I bought in the last few years - I had rented other ones but returned them quickly, feeling completely underwhelmed.

For now, I have given up on Madden, as the gameplay has gotten steadily worse in the last few years IMO. I was never a fan of the 2K series until NFL 2K5 came out, but once I started playing that, I wouldn't even touch Madden. Too bad EA managed to secure the sole rights to the NFL. Now if I want to play football, its NCAA or nothing.

I love 06... currently playing it almost everyday... I will probably buy 07, but I might wait a few months to try and get it used unless it comes out at 29.99, then I may buy it the first week...

sounds like it will be a little harder and take some getting used to... but they say that every year and it's not long before I figure it out.

as far as "passing the puck more", I always pass the puck, I try to play realistic now... who are they testing the game with that goes end to end with one guy? what fun is that? I like my games looking/playing semi-realistic.

I hope they improve the goalies, they "flop" too much in '06...

I'd like the goalie control in shootouts to be a little easier - never seems like you can make the right move - I feel like I am playing net in a world cup shootout - trying to guess which way to dive.

The newest nhl game i have right now is nhl 04. I'm really looking forward to the 07 version. My birthday is the same week that madden gets released, and that's my wife's gift to me every year. Not this year... I'd much rather wait for nhl 07 than get madden 07.

Archived