The bad joke continues.

Rabbit151

The hockey gods have made it clear that they want the Canes to win.

Honestly, how did the Sabres have a chance to win with the defense depleted and a Power-play catalyst out of commission?

The hockey gods cut right to the chase this time. Just get rid of the odds on favorite to win the Conn Smthye heading into the finals.

We can whine and bitch all we want, but 10 years from now, no-one but Buffalo and Edmonton fans will remember this incredible string of injuries. The banners hanging from the roof in Raleigh won't have an asterisk beside them, much like the Dallas championship banners don't.

It's a sick joke. The thing I hate most, is listening to Laviolette and his gang of idiots talk after the Sabre series about the adversity they had to fight through all year. What?!?

Oh, like losing key players to injury for long stretches at a time? Oh, like the near tragedy of an unknown growth in the head of the coaches daughter? Oh, like playing in a division with Florida, Washington and Atlanta? Oh, yes the adversity was insurmountable for most, but not the heroic Hurricanes.

What a joke.

The hockey gods have made it clear that they want the Canes to win.

Honestly, how did the Sabres have a chance to win with the defense depleted and a Power-play catalyst out of commission?

The hockey gods cut right to the chase this time. Just get rid of the odds on favorite to win the Conn Smthye heading into the finals.

We can whine and bitch all we want, but 10 years from now, no-one but Buffalo and Edmonton fans will remember this incredible string of injuries. The banners hanging from the roof in Raleigh won't have an asterisk beside them, much like the Dallas championship banners don't.

It's a sick joke. The thing I hate most, is listening to Laviolette and his gang of idiots talk after the Sabre series about the adversity they had to fight through all year. What?!?

Oh, like losing key players to injury for long stretches at a time? Oh, like the near tragedy of an unknown growth in the head of the coaches daughter? Oh, like playing in a division with Florida, Washington and Atlanta? Oh, yes the adversity was insurmountable for most, but not the heroic Hurricanes.

What a joke.

Dude... its the curse of the sabres/exsabres.... expect peca to go down next :D :blink:

Dude... its the curse of the sabres/exsabres.... expect peca to go down next :D :blink:

in first series montreal loses captain and doesnt win another game after

in second devils lose top defender in game 2

in thrid series buffalo loses defender in game 1, 3 and before 7 ans starts series without TC and Kalinin

in finals Rolly hurt in game 1

Not curse to sabres/ex sabres local paper claiming hockey gods making up for injury to cole that only drew 3 game suspension

Let's put this in terms the good folks in Raleigh might be able to understand.

Losing four defensemen would be more like losing 2 or 3 starting offensive linemen on a team that likes to run the ball. Losing Cole would be more like losing one wide receiver on that same running team, maybe like Plaxico Burress from the Steelers.

Huge difference in the impact. Not only that, but the injury to Cole happened just in time for the Hurricanes to grab Recchi to replace him.

It's BS, but like I said, it won't matter to the Hurricanes when they fly their Stanley Cup banners next year.

Let's put this in terms the good folks in Raleigh might be able to understand.

Losing four defensemen would be more like losing 2 or 3 starting offensive linemen on a team that likes to run the ball. Losing Cole would be more like losing one wide receiver on that same running team, maybe like Plaxico Burress from the Steelers.

Huge difference in the impact. Not only that, but the injury to Cole happened just in time for the Hurricanes to grab Recchi to replace him.

It's BS, but like I said, it won't matter to the Hurricanes when they fly their Stanley Cup banners next year.

I will take such banners and drag behind my car :D :D :D

I will take such banners and drag behind my car :D :D :D

Let's go to Raleigh and steal them from the rafters!! The skinnier of us two gets the job of swinging from the rafters to get them, while the other guy distracts the ice-man loser who lives in his motorhome in the parking lot.

Let's make sure we plan the heist for a day when NASCAR is on.

this really is absolutly ridiculous. i dont understand how a team can get so #%^$#!ing lucky so many times and it leads to a championship. the canes dont deserve the cup at all and i hope that each of their players gets injured at the beginning of next season so they dont even have a chance to make the playoffs.

now many people will say that the other teams injuries arent carolinas problem which they arent. but if you can only beat a team with minor league defensemen in 7 games then atleast you know if the other team was healthy you would lose. If all of buffalos opponents had gotten injured atleast we would know that we would have, or atleast would have had a good chance to beat them. with the canes it obvious that they probably wouldnt have beaten any of these teams. we can say we knocked off the 2nd best team in the league in 5 games in the second round, they didnt have their top goalie but he was old and he got injured playing out of the league and he had been out for long enough for the team to adjust...

Not to be a wet blanket on the thread but I think we should give it a rest. Yes, Carolina has been fortunate with opponents injuries but they are a really good team. They have an awesome young goalie and you gotta admit,,,,we would love to have gritty forwards like Stillman and Whitney who always score big goals or set up goals. Buffalo had series leads of 1-0 and 2-1. We also led game 7 going into the 3rd when we ALWAYS win in that situation. Injuries or not we SHOULD have won that game......just like Edmonton SHOULD have won game 1 when they were up 3-0. Roloson, their big name goalie gave up 4 freakin goals not an untested rookie. At some point you have to tip your cap to the Hurricanes and admit they are a great, resilient team. They always come back to win in the clutch and get big goals when they need 'em.

I agree the 'Canes fans don't deserve a championship but the team on the ice does.

Not to be a wet blanket on the thread but I think we should give it a rest. Yes, Carolina has been fortunate with opponents injuries but they are a really good team. They have an awesome young goalie and you gotta admit,,,,we would love to have gritty forwards like Stillman and Whitney who always score big goals or set up goals. Buffalo had series leads of 1-0 and 2-1. We also led game 7 going into the 3rd when we ALWAYS win in that situation. Injuries or not we SHOULD have won that game......just like Edmonton SHOULD have won game 1 when they were up 3-0. Roloson, their big name goalie gave up 4 freakin goals not an untested rookie. At some point you have to tip your cap to the Hurricanes and admit they are a great, resilient team. They always come back to win in the clutch and get big goals when they need 'em.

I agree the 'Canes fans don't deserve a championship but the team on the ice does.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. That's a very good team that always finds a way to win. They've got a lot of heart. F$@#ers!

Yes Carolina is good, they have a lot of heart, they came back in the 3rd against Buffalo.

The frustrating part is that Buffalo had more heart, but not enough legs. The rooks played admirably, Janik even scored. In the end, it was too much to overcome. The forwards couldn't play the game they were accustomed to. The regular defense played bigger minutes and in more crucial situations than they had previoulsy, etc. etc. etc.

More so than any other year, this was Buffalo's year, and it was stolen by some twisted destiny that manifested itself in the form of the Hurricanes.

Archived